• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Team Fortress 2!

http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/

Details on the pistol replacement (BONK!) and achievments plus a new map CP Egypt.

Also not TF news but on the steam update it shows that valve are moving most of their machines over to vista 64bit so hopfully itll lead to and end of the source engine crashing when quiting a game and maybe even some more general 64bit support :)

Upvote 0
Egypt looks all sorts of awesome.

Egypt is really cool. The layout is really well thought out and the new tileset is great. I hope this encourages more mappers to leave the three main TF2 tilesets.

The new scout weapons are completely useless though lol. Yes they are situational, but the majority of situations call for vanilla weapons.

Upvote 0
The unlocks plain suck. They are pretty useless in most situations and the only one that looks like it COULD potentially be useful is that drink but I can't be bothered to go through a ton of ****ty achievements with that horrible 2-barreled abomination of a gun and the gimmick-bat in order to get it. And I say this as someone who plays scout as a main class and has over a 100 hours playing him. I was really hoping for something that would actually increase his killing potential. All the unlocks just decrease it. :(

Upvote 0
That energydrink thing is something i really hate already, at least when i'm trying to hit one of them damn scouts.
They dodge every shot with it, even when they are engulfed in flames for over 20 seconds! How one does dodge flames licking over his entire body i do not know, but they should definitely hand these drinks to firefighters.

Upvote 0
New spy is pretty good. I wonder, does it still show as half health?

They haven't touched that part so it's the same, although the weapon disguises made him more unpredictable.

An overall the unlocks are fine in my opinion except the stun system (bit overpowered). Basically the scout is a new heavy counter class...
What i couldn't understand is the wide range of bugs they introduced with this pack. Natascha's slow is broken again for example. I hope they fix the main issues this week.

Upvote 0
They haven't touched that part so it's the same, although the weapon disguises made him more unpredictable.

One good thing (for engys) is that disguised spys holding melee weapons running up to your sentry are even more suspicious. My thought train goes
Pyro with flame thrower...thats nice...maybe he needs ammo or health...oh wait he could be a spy...

Pyro with an axe... thats weird, SPY! *wrench in the face*

Oh and that new shotgun unlock totally makes pyros usless against scouts, even if you manage to get close to a scout through flanking them, cutting them off or being in a tight corridor, one hit from their new gun and your blown out of range.

Upvote 0
Almost s good as having your password as 'password', its unhackable!

Made even better by the fact if you run past a friendly disguised spy (with mask on) you will spend the next 30 seconds spy checking them no matter what, then when you see one without a mask you think its just 'your' friendly neighbourhood spy being so sneaky sneaky that he doesnt even need a disguise :p

Upvote 0