• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map TE_Brestskaya_krepost_alpha

I just tried it out, and it loaded up completely untextured bsp and props. However, I do like the fortress layout starting with the bridge and moat. This is very different from everything else we've seen.

By the way, you should name your file TE-Brest_11.roe, because when I downloaded it it was just Brest_11.roe. Anyways, good luck on this map. It has a long way to go, but has plenty of potential.

Upvote 0
Seems this one has been uploaded on the workshop silently:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=418305916

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:cool:

IF... I can get this to run on the server as well as the client, I'll place it on Crucible's short map list this afternoon. This list will be no more than 15 assorted maps which are mostly recent ones of all map types.

Now... I'll give you fair warning... some of these asset files are big. If you wait to download it when you want to play it, unless you have 21st century broadband, you will have time to enjoy a steak dinner and cocktails before it arrives intact. So get the thing subscribed and downloaded sooner rather than when you wish to play RO2. Later on, I image the Dev will combine the files.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:)

I had to remove Brest2 from the server. It is mostly ok, but there are some un-holy cross dependencies between the SWS files and when the files are loaded from the redirect. The files seem to need to be duplicated in different places on the client. It can be made to run from the server, but only if you know where to disburse the files on the client. This is too convoluted for the average user. The Good news is that these problems can probably be corrected by combining the assets into the .roe file.

The map in play doesn't look bad, for an Alpha. There are some mantling issues and a few invisible barriers here and there, but it appears to be essentially close to playable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0