• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design TE-Foy

I honestly have no idea how to do this... you can't just grab some snow and drop it on the buildings. If you would look at any building in RO2, you will see that most of them don't have snow on them at all, some have textured snow on their ledges, but they are made for that specific building.

I always make the bare bones of the building first, as you see in the screenshots, i did not even paint the ground textures yet, after that more debris, rubble and such will be added to make it more like a destroyed building. because if i immediately add all of it and the building is like not positioned perfectly or something has to change to the building, i got a load of debris or rubble to bother me as well.

You can take a look at some of the wall that have mixture of the wall texture and snow/frozen ice shader materials. You can just copy them and make your own materials by keeping the snow/frozen looking textures and change the textures to the wall to what you like.

Upvote 0
Small update:

Spoiler!

The telephone pole in front of the building is already moved more towards the camera position. And no, i will not add the teleport spawns from DH, because mainly i don't know how and i find spawning on the battlefield a bit more realistic than going through a magic doorway. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, its not draw distance, because it has the snow applied to it it becomes "see through", don't know the correct english word, just look up the snow pile/rubble on a small roof on the side of the main building in commissars house. You will also see this with the normal rubble when it clips through the ground.

Upvote 0
I'm gonna need that bazooka in order to keep those MG42s out of the windows :IS2: Looks great Veld, can't wait to test it out!

Ah, another AT abuser! :D Whatcha doing when the German tanks are rolling in and you wasted all your rockets on infantry?

Over in the HoW thread we are already discussing winter uniforms to match Foy's environment.

Upvote 0
I'm gonna need that bazooka in order to keep those MG42s out of the windows :IS2: Looks great Veld, can't wait to test it out!

Bazooka is almost finished, I've asked AAZ to work on the animations when he has time, should be released sooner or later. Can't wait to try out this map as well, Donner was quite fun.

Upvote 0
Bazooka is almost finished, I've asked AAZ to work on the animations when he has time, should be released sooner or later. Can't wait to try out this map as well, Donner was quite fun.

I'm already waiting for the "Axis OP" comments when they charge in directly without smoke and not using the flanks and the MG42's tear them to shredds. :D

Upvote 0
Any progress updates on this? I got a nice winter german uniform set planned out. Package is done. Just gotta put it all together in the UC files. A lot of customisation can be done with making uniforms. You can make a different varient with every class at every level. So essentially 54 different combinations. All my own retextures rather than stealing from IOM. Excepted for the greatcoat of course but even that's been recoloured. Moskeeto made the textures anyway lol.

Upvote 0