• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map TE-FallenFighters1942

Can you PLEASE make improvements to C. Germans have all the advantages on C. High ground, halftracks, ability to sneak into the square and camp the exits to spawn 3, ability to shoot through the holes in the wood boards in the windows on the ground floor. Especially with classic loadouts, this map reverts to action loadouts, meaning that everyone has an automatic gun. Can you please look into this bug?

If russians could get to the top floor of their spawn on C cap (the B building), as well as cap C from the oustide of the building it would be perfect. Got stuck on this for 20+ minutes today, server full of good players, even with the cover improvements to C.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, I was playing with Mr Mcgee earlier. This map is a complete improvement over the standard Fallen Fighters and I'm in love with all the awesome visual work you've done, especially the Square! WOW! :D However there are some serious balance issues at stake here and I'm not sure if it's due to bugs or intended design.

I was playing on the German Side and it's crazy how much artillery we could spam on the poor Russians. Given how linear the map can get and the open spaces required to run through... it is not a fun event for Ruskies.

I dont understand why Germans have so many halftracks as well? Pretty sure on the second Objective we had like 4 or so, I feel this is too many.. and they are not used effectively anyway. Perhaps remove them from the early caps. Start to spawn them in around the 'Technical School' and perhaps make Germans run a longer distance, creating incentive to use the halftracks to quickly reinforce the objectives. I also had great thoughts of Halftracks hulling down in the Square somewhere covering a street, but I dont think I ever saw this happen... and I'm not sure if there is out of bounds areas for them.

A few early linear objectives are okay. This is seen on A-B where Russians attack through 2 streets. However by Objective C we should be giving the attackers more options, It was painful to see the Russians throw themselves at C... and most just tried their luck with the front door. (Did not work out well... for them) I was thinking about adding a duel-cap for C-D. Move an objective into a portion of the Plaza so that Russians can attack a secondary objective and perhaps use that as a means to attack C once secured. Dont think i saw many russiasn go through the Plaza, though maybe it's because of the crazy amount of windows covering it. Although Bren Carriers could easily get men there to hide and cap... hmm something to think about there.

I've only played the map two times, both times I was German and we absolutely ate the souls of the Russians. I agree with your early comments about adding a sewer network perhaps to add an additional flank, maybe even for C.

It's a shame I did not get to enjoy the rest of the map... it all looks so great to fight around. I look forward to see what you do with your map.

I just want to quickly list a few things I think should be adjusted so It's easier for you to identify instead of reading this long post all again.

1. Way too many Automatic weapons for players. (Elite Assaults especially = MKBs everywhere) If Balance is tough, maybe give Russians greater access to Assault/Semis. (Up to you really)
2. Remove/Limit the amount of German Halftracks, there are just too many and most of the time they are not used as there seems to be no incentive. I felt the amount of Halftracks Russians had was good, a couple times Bren Carrier squads got around the back of C... not enough though, maybe in time they will learn.
3. German Commander can 'SPAM' artillery too quickly. Limit that, it should be used at critical moments as you are already guaranteed many free kills due to the open areas they Ruskies need to run through.
4. Look at Sewer connections.. and blown open entrances. (Think of Univermag) makes sense for there to be something similar given they are based on the same map.
5. German Respawns too forgiving, Germans respawn so damn close to the fight that they can push really far ahead to get a few kills before dying with no real consequence as they will always respawn and reinforce the objective faster then the russians can. (Maybe can play around with tickets)

Hmm, that is all for now I think. Sorry it is a bit of a mess I just typed as things came to mind!

Good luck once again! :D

Upvote 0
^This mostly. At the moment nobody wants to play it as over 26 mkbs at once,I don't think anybody had a bolt-action!
And b and c are mind-numbingly boring for both sides, narrow limited entrances, all have automatics ,defenders and not attackers having half-tracks,arty every 2mins or so,and with most servers having no lockdown even the defenders lose the will to live.

Its a shame as the map after that seems quite balanced and looks great,but the present version is not being picked at the moment.

Upvote 0
^This mostly. At the moment nobody wants to play it as over 26 mkbs at once,I don't think anybody had a bolt-action!
And b and c are mind-numbingly boring for both sides, narrow limited entrances, all have automatics ,defenders and not attackers having half-tracks,arty every 2mins or so,and with most servers having no lockdown even the defenders lose the will to live.

Its a shame as the map after that seems quite balanced and looks great,but the present version is not being picked at the moment.

And here we go again singing the same old sing: "Let the mapper decide which weapons the roles get!" :rolleyes:

Having a larger quantity of SMG slots is nice and giving the selection between MP40 and PPSh41 and even the PPS42 would bring more realism than that MkB42.

Upvote 0
Well, since that is the way it should be and the way the game should have been designed from the beginning, I'm going to sing it too!

Fa la la la, let PhyscoPigeon decide! :D

But Moe, what about the people wanting to level up a gun/class, and it's not available on the current map? Imagine the agony that would cause! :p /sarcasm

Upvote 0
Dam. So i`ve got it always at the same positions in the same houses goes down to red counters while using "Stat fps" in the console. And one important thing i forgot: We`ve got one Member who can`t play this map. When it comes he can`t join. Does his problem maybe depend on the Graphicscard he use? His Name is Jokerlokka. He has downloaded the map correct. We tried it a few times with deleting Cache and so on.

Maybe my problem with fps downs could be my old card. I`ve got a new since nearly three weeks cause the old one (GTX560Ti Sonic) was broken (kaputt). With the new one i had not played yet the map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Version 3:

Changed the layout to what Snafu suggested to utilize more of the play space. Soviets have more spawns on the final objective.

Fixed the squad layouts so the action mode classes won't unlock anymore.

Added ways to infiltrate the 2nd objective but without the 30mkbs im sure players will find it easier as how it should've been.

https://www.mediafire.com/?vw0n63ybvx1x23h

Upvote 0