• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map TE-DieBresche (Beta Release Candidate)

Why is Peumobil's DL 75MB and the FileFactory one 102MB? Is .7z really that much more efficient than .zip???

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

The answer is a definite YES, the original server files are 40mb when using Winzip, when i rezipped them using 7z on the ultra setting the file was only 25.5mb.
The player files when rezipped using 7z are 75mb compared to the 150mb of winzip.
So modders give 7z a try, the files are so much smaller.

Upvote 0
Ok, downloaded and there are 3 files. Best folders to place them in are... ? :D

The .roe file goes in steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\maps\TE-DieBresche-B2.roe

The .upk files go in steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC

The file TE-DieBresche-B2 has an incorrect file extension that needs to be changed.

to: TE-DieBresche-B2.roe

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The .roe file goes in steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\maps\TE-DieBresche-B2.roe

The file TE-DieBresche-B2 has an incorrect file extension that needs to be changed.

So no separate folder for the map itself? Ok!

Upvote 0
Like the map, sadly the game crashes when I play with the anti-lag mutator. Need to try it out more before finding any new issues. Not that would be very easy. It's a good map, you are talented :)

Antilag mutator is not on. I turned if off because it causes the radios on custom maps to disappear (on our server).

I wonder if it's possible for client side versions of that mutator to cause crash problems with custom maps.......I don't see how though.

Upvote 0
Great map,needs at least 20+ (10 each)players to keep the gameplay balanced,and give the Allies a chance of capturing D+E at the same time (same for Axis) good teamwork is needed to do this,but that's what makes it a great map.
Problems with the antilag mutator should be the concern of whoever made that mod,they have nothing to do with the map.

Remember to try 7z for zipping your files,seems to be better than winzip.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thought all the client files needed to be *.upk , no?

Upvote 0
Hey Zero,
So I've had the chance to test your map.

First of all, very nice map, very different from the others around I thought :)
You did a great job there.

The only "bug" I noticed is that your pine trees sometimes block the shooting. Maybe you should tweak the collision model or don't use it and put blocking volumes in its place.

The only other thing I noticed is that it was very hard for the Soviets to reach the first objective, maybe a bit more cover here and there on the Soviet advance could help this issue.

Upvote 0