• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release TankTweak mutator

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of today the release build of the TankTweak mutator has been white-listed.
The previous white-listed TankTweak mutator was the debug build and that one did write a lot of debug info to the server logs. In some cases it caused problems. The debug release is not white-listed anymore. The download link in the OP has been updated to point to the release build version of TankTweak.

My apologies for the inconvenience!

Upvote 0
As of today the release build of the TankTweak mutator has been white-listed.
The previous white-listed TankTweak mutator was the debug build and that one did write a lot of debug info to the server logs. In some cases it caused problems. The debug release is not white-listed anymore. The download link in the OP has been updated to point to the release build version of TankTweak.

My apologies for the inconvenience!

That explains why the server I was playing on last night was constantly unranking.

Went from a full server to empty on map change...

Upvote 0
Has anyone using this mutator come up with good default settings you like to use? I'm looking at integrating this functionality into the official code-base, and I'm looking for what the community likes as a default.

Definitely AI gunner and hull gunner OFF. I don't think anyone needs a bot to aim they gun for them and shoot it. That's just silly. Everything else is fine though.

Upvote 0
Has anyone using this mutator come up with good default settings you like to use? I'm looking at integrating this functionality into the official code-base, and I'm looking for what the community likes as a default.

I know that [40-1]MORD did play a lot with the settings of this mutator. Also Cat_in_da_Hat did play with it. They both still use it on their servers.

My personal preferred settings are to disable the main gun completely and to reduce the accuracy of the hull mg on moving targets and on long distance. None moving targets should still be easy to kill. This way an AT gunner should think twice before going prone in front of a tank, but the infantry units still have a fair chance to escape from it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also, one of the things I'm considering adding is somewhere between on/off. Basically a setting where the AI will only fire at someone if the human commander in the tank orders them to do it, and even then they will only fire for a short while then stop. In this way, tank AI will be somewhat useful, but not overpowering like they currently are.

Upvote 0
Let me clarify - for those NOT disabling AI I'm looking for what tweaked setting server admins like to run. Disabling AI is easy to leave as an option. But I'm looking for good playable defaults with AI on.

I think the default ability of the AI depends on whether the game difficulty on the server is set to Hero, Veteran, Soldier or Recruit.
I have the mg on,but gunner off,for the AI.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
also, one of the things i'm considering adding is somewhere between on/off. Basically a setting where the ai will only fire at someone if the human commander in the tank orders them to do it, and even then they will only fire for a short while then stop. In this way, tank ai will be somewhat useful, but not overpowering like they currently are.

+10 :)

Upvote 0
lol

You can add it at the bottom of the ini file like this
Code:
; +10
:p

No you've lost me there,can you do it for me?

[TankTweak.TankTweak]
DifficultyInfantryMissPercentage=(Recruit=35.0,Soldier=30.0,Veteran=25.0,Hero=20.0)
DifficultyMainGunVarianceFactor=(Recruit=1.0,Soldier=1.0,Veteran=0.66,Hero=0.25)
TargetSpeedMissPercentage=(Still=0.0,Walking=0.0,Running=20.0)
RangeSettings=(Short=50.0,Medium=100.0,Long=150.0)
RangeMissPercentage=(Short=10.0,Medium=30.0,Long=60.0)
MainGunErrorVsDistRatios=(Horizontal=0.025,Vertical=0.0125)
AllowAIToControlHullMG=true
AllowAIToControlMainGun=true

[IniVersion]
0=1327193125.000000

Upvote 0
Also, one of the things I'm considering adding is somewhere between on/off. Basically a setting where the AI will only fire at someone if the human commander in the tank orders them to do it, and even then they will only fire for a short while then stop. In this way, tank AI will be somewhat useful, but not overpowering like they currently are.

This is a great idea. I'd love that ability in TT.

Upvote 0
I'd love to see the default hull gunner be fairly pathetic in spotting and accuracy -
but the ability to hit some keys to "wake him up" for a few seconds.

Example:

hit key 7 for somewhat accurate medium high % hull spotting for 7 seconds

hit key 8 for somewhat less accurate medium % hull spotting for 15 seconds

hit key 9 for less accurate medium low % hull spotting for 30 seconds

hit key 0 for low low % hull spotting for 45 seconds

Unless you hit a key it stays at a lowest (fairly pathetic) spotting and accuracy%

For every key press above - it takes 45 seconds until one of the keys works again.

This simulates a tired crew getting yelled at by the commander - ha

The commander sees better than the hull gunner anyway.

Upvote 0
I'd like to see AI crew spot enemies.

Tanks have cupolas and plenty of viewports, so the crew's awareness is much better than just the player's vision; I wanna have my AI crewmen spot threats (up to a limited distance) if they're looking in the right direction.

Might be hard to implement though.

Yes, that is a good idea, but it has nothing to do with this mutator. Please post it in the Ideas and Suggestions section. Then at least they won't be forgotten and others will jump in to start a discussion.

I'd love to see the default hull gunner be fairly pathetic in spotting and accuracy -
but the ability to hit some keys to "wake him up" for a few seconds.

Example:

hit key 7 for somewhat accurate medium high % hull spotting for 7 seconds

hit key 8 for somewhat less accurate medium % hull spotting for 15 seconds

hit key 9 for less accurate medium low % hull spotting for 30 seconds

hit key 0 for low low % hull spotting for 45 seconds

Unless you hit a key it stays at a lowest (fairly pathetic) spotting and accuracy%

For every key press above - it takes 45 seconds until one of the keys works again.

This simulates a tired crew getting yelled at by the commander - ha

The commander sees better than the hull gunner anyway.

No additional functionality will be added to this mutator, because it is going to be integrated in RO2s code-base and some sort of command feature will probably be added. Please check Ramm's post about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.