• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release TankTweak mutator

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are looking at the mutator now. Great work Ducky! If it all checks out it should be easily white listable, but we will need source code (sent privately if you wish)

I know. I already replied to StragoMagnus that I will send the source code as soon as I'm home. I'm currently at my work and don't have the source code here.
To whome should I PM the source code? To you our StragoMagnus? (or both?)

Upvote 0
Just had a quick play on this map.This is more like it guys.Keep up the good work.I can see fun tanking times ahead.

shooting_smilie2.gif

Upvote 0
Can't you guys just add those settings as server options? Or just disable AI (both MG and Main Gun) altogether?

I like the whitelist approach - it's quick and easy from TWI's perspective :) That means the community can give feedback, Ducky can quickly tweak and improve his mutator, and when everyone seems to be happy with it - and I imagine many servers will run it - TWI can roll that back into the game code knowing that it's been field-tested and community tested and approved, without having to make game changes and potentially fix those changes :)

Upvote 0
I like the whitelist approach - it's quick and easy from TWI's perspective :) That means the community can give feedback, Ducky can quickly tweak and improve his mutator, and when everyone seems to be happy with it - and I imagine many servers will run it - TWI can roll that back into the game code knowing that it's been field-tested and community tested and approved, without having to make game changes and potentially fix those changes :)

Yes the processing and bug fixing can go faster, but I imagine that each new release of the mutator will need to get white-listed again by TWI. For this reason I'm using my own server to test it on. Then at least others can stay ranked 'till a new white-listed version is released.
And if there are others that want there mutator to be tested online, but there clan admin won't allow there server to be used for that, then they can always borrow mine.

Upvote 0
A quick update:
Yesterday I found a problem in the mutator and for that reason released a new beta version (B6). The new sources have been send to TWI and Strago did give some feedback. A part of it was by taking a slightly different approach for the bug fix in B6, because the current bug fix implementation might give problems when there is a great number of players on the server. I will look into it this evening and see if it will work. If it does, then a B7 will be released and the updated sources will again be send to TWI for review.

Also will I try to plan an event for this Saturday to test the mutator with a larger number of players. I think we need to do this to test the stability and reliability. My server can only handle 30 slots, and I'm hoping that an admin with a "stronger" server will offer to provide his server for this event. The map must of course be a combined map where more than two tanks can be used (I think Ogledow will suite best for this) and a tank only map. And we will need players!!!
One note for the server admin, the server will become unranked during this event due to the active mutator. The server will go back to ranked as soon as the mutator is deactivated. Any volunteers?

Upvote 0
Just received a message from TWI. The mutator is white-listed and from now on servers will stay ranked if they run the mutator. I've tried it on my server and it is now ranked again while the mutator is still active.

The final white-listed release can be downloaded from the link in my OP.

:O :IS2:

Sweeeeeeet news Duckeh! :D Many thanks again for developing this mate - you've done RO2 tanking a great favour I'm sure :)

Also thanks to TWI for getting this whitelisted so quickly - cheers guys :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.