• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tanks: Points and Spawn

Vonreuter

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2006
Rumble rumble, the sound of heavy tracks tells you that a tank is approaching. You whip out your PzFaust and blam! The tank goes up in flames! - Only to be replaced by another in ten seconds...

Woot?

Admittedly, the East Front was rather nasty, but it wasn't THIS nasty. The ratio of tanks to infantrymen is ridiculous, especially in tank maps, where there are one or two infantrymen running around, while the iron gods shoot at each other from barren hilltops. What happened to combined arms?

My suggestion, therefore, is that tank models should not spawn as quickly as they do now, so that even die-hard tankers would have to either wait for a tank for a while or attack as infantry. Thus, keeping a reserve of tanks would be a good strategy, instead of every man hopping in a tank and driving off. In some maps there are more tank positions than soldiers to man them and a few armoured personnel carriers to boot! This is quite silly, especially considering the situation of German panzers, which hardly had fuel at the end of the war, let alone there being an oversupply of armoured vehicles.

If the map was specifically a tank map, then limiting the number of tank crews might be a solution for more combined arms. Thus, there would always be a reserve of tanks for tankers, but there would still be a number of infantrymen, who would preferably NOT be snipers. If many tanks were destroyed in sequence, the reserve might be depleted for a while.

A third idea would be to alter spawn times. Rank&file troops would be available in 10 seconds (Sch

Next time use search please. I think the best solution so far the constant wave of tanks was for them to have there own reinforcement percentage just like infantry. While your suggestion falls into the respawn time for tanks, which IMO does need adjusting. Also, not all maps with tanks are CA maps, some are meant for tankers only (why infantry are allowed, I don't know, probably just for realism, screw that! I want 10 tanks vs 10 tanks battles! :D).

Upvote 0
We have tank 'only' maps for the same reason we have infantry-only maps.

If it was implimented such that a tanker could switch into infantry until the tank respawned and then automaticlly switch back after, I wouldn't mind a longer respawn too much. As it is..what're you going to do, run into battle armed only with a pistol?

Upvote 0