• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank optics?

Hasso VM said:
The basic optic renderings compared to original vehicles, photos and books I've seen/read are actually quite good. My question (being a newb) is this, are the sights adjustable for range as they are in WW2 Online, or do you simply estimate range and "hold over"? I've yet to find any sight adjustment "key" or "button". Those who have played WW2 Online will be familiar with what I am speaking of.
You first estimate the range (using the gunsights or-as it seems they're not properly implemented-better the binocs), and then you can set the range by using (default bindings) "Q" and "E".

Witzig said:
So basically the magnification on the Tiger Scope is off...
Do you really think so? I'd rather say that the 5.0 magnification would zoom the target in, but also the sights proportionally, so the gunner just have to check how many mils (Striche) makes the target to get the range without big thinking about which magnification is set. Specially taking into account that it would be easier for a gunner to handle ranges no matter which tank he's in, thus reducing training time (as new tanks appear, it seems logical to me to crew them with skilled, experienced troops), and also that most tanks had no second magnification at all.

Perhaps can the devs give a tip on how they've implemented the gunsights (they should basically work 100% the same way than the binocs)?

Upvote 0