• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank interiors: detailed or not?

Gerhard Schiller

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 17, 2011
Stalingrad
Just like the title says. This is a total guess because I am not a modder, but would players rather have 2 new vehicles with all the interior bells and whistles, or in the same amount of development time 5 new vehicles with less detailed interiors like the tanks of RO1.

Just curious, as I for one spend most of my time either at the gunsight, looking through the drivers vision port, or in the commanders hatch. While it's nice TWI went to all the trouble of making detailed interiors I don't think it was the sole reason people bought the game.

Opinions?

my opinion has always been - great make full interiors like a tank sim such as tiger vs t-34, BUT you now have set the work load bar so high that it will set a very high bar for 3rd parties (and themselves) to add more.
I have plenty of exterior models of ww2 tanks (that's the easy bit) but still never found the time to get them implemented into RO or 1 of the mods - so i can't imagine attempting to present them for RO2.

That said, quality over quantity is a good thing in this case i think - as the full interiors are a nice feature.

Upvote 0
I don't mind if they rls more tanks with little sloppy interiors or even copied interiors from current tanks, as most of the time I am not that interested if every bolt or knob is 100 realistically and historically accurate.

There are far more urgent stuff to fix with the tanks than the interiors. Gameplay first, visual nitpicking later, imo.

Upvote 0
I don't mind if they rls more tanks with little sloppy interiors or even copied interiors from current tanks, as most of the time I am not that interested if every bolt or knob is 100 realistically and historically accurate.

There are far more urgent stuff to fix with the tanks than the interiors. Gameplay first, visual nitpicking later, imo.

Exactly. The tank gameplay needs to be sorted out first.

As for the interiors, I don't really notice them that much if i'm honest, most of your time is spent looking down a tiny scope anyway.

Upvote 0
I think the saving grace about tank interiors will be that most tanks have similar interiors during the course of their production runs. The Mark IV H will look internally quite similar to the Mark IVD, and all in between. The outsides can be extensively remodeled while the interior will not require as much remodeling as much can be reused.

It will be making an entiretly new tank that is the issue, but TW will probably do most of that hard work when they put out a Mark III model, and eventually a Tiger and Panther.

Upvote 0
I wish we got some answers from the TWI about the more important technical stuff that needs desperate fixing like post penetration damage that seem to be most concerned on these forums rather than cosmetic stuff.
And not keep us in ambiguity, encouraging to get a refund for the game.

Please stop with the goddamn refund stuff already, it's just weird.

Reactions: Extension7
Upvote 0
Bug wise I understand there are other more pressing needs for TWI to look, so I guess my starting of this thread was aimed at what the average player would accept from the modders so more or less armoured vehicles could be crank out.

For me the interior is nothing special. The exterior skins, vehicle hit points, and vehicle dimentions are already known from RO1, so it's just a matter of modders deciding on interiors.

Upvote 0
I wish we got some answers from the TWI about the more important technical stuff that needs desperate fixing like post penetration damage that seem to be most concerned on these forums rather than cosmetic stuff.
And not keep us in ambiguity, encouraging to get a refund for the game.

Seriously man stop it. This thread is about modelng the interiors of new tanks. If you are interested in talking about something else make another thread. It doesnt matter if "wish" you got answers about other stuff, look in other threads focuses on that stuff.

Reactions: Gerhard Schiller
Upvote 0
okay-face.jpg

Upvote 0
Pz4 Ausf G in game has 50 mm or 80 mm front armor?
50 mm it looks like. Run RO II and look for this armor around the ball mount mg, drivers viewport, and front towhooks. If it does not have any then its 50mm:

test6zo.jpg

tank1m.jpg

I think the saving grace about tank interiors will be that most tanks have similar interiors during the course of their production runs. The Mark IV H will look internally quite similar to the Mark IVD, and all in between.
I am sorry but this is a woefully incorrect layman statement.

Upvote 0