• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank crew death and recoil

smokeythebear

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Sheppards house
From the most recent videos it's kind of odd how when a tank crewman used by the player is killed it goes to third person on the tank pretty much instantly. It would look much better if you died in first person since it looks like tank crew ragdoll in the tank anyway.

Another thing that might make tanking more immersive is if front hits from HE or satchels pushed the crewmen around a bit, knocking them away from gunsights and making it more obvious when you are seriously hit.

The last suggestion is to have tank crew able to cut themselves off when giving orders. It's weird how the commander can be saying two or three lines at once.

Another thing that might make tanking more immersive is if front hits from HE or satchels pushed the crewmen around a bit, knocking them away from gunsights and making it more obvious when you are seriously hit.

That's a good idea, T-34 vs Tiger had you getting knocked off your sights when hit hard and every reviewer complemented it.

Upvote 0
I think it's weird how the dead tankers are intact after being killed by an AP round and how you clip through his body when moving across the tank to take over his position. I hope they fix this later on, seeing our avatar pushing the body (which should be a gory mess) away or something like that.

I thought I saw in one of the newer videos the dead gunner slumped and fell to the bottom of the tank. It was only for a few frames though so it was easy to miss.

Upvote 0