• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank ammo info

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Will be there tank ammo info for everyone? For example if driver know that gunner have HE ammo inside barrel than he is not exposing tank too much to enemy tank. Or he is not going to direction of enemy tanks, because HE is low threat for tanks. Lot of times they shot us yes our tank shot first but with HE ammo. Would be great to know what ammo is inside barrel, not only for gunner.

In RO:Ost only the commander/gunner could see what round is in. Driver could only see his speedometer. So I don't see why should it be different in HoS. If you will be playing with a friend in a tank then perhaps he can tell you what round is currently in. Or switch position to commander and see it for yourself. :p

Well in real scenario crew inside is informed well whats going on inside of tank. Am I dummy to ask gunner always about ammo? I think not.

All I want is just to see it as gunner, its information for me what to do, how to drive, to not rush from safety to enemy tanks with HE in barrel. First shot is important, its matter of ambush.

Upvote 0
Well in real scenario crew inside is informed well whats going on inside of tank. Am I dummy to ask gunner always about ammo? I think not.

In real scenario, crew communicate. That's how they are informed. I suggest you do the same if playing with a friend (communication is power). And if you're driving a tank alone, you can jump through all AI positions quickly to check ammo status. It's not hard.

All I want is just to see it as gunner, its information for me what to do, how to drive, to not rush from safety to enemy tanks with HE in barrel. First shot is important, its matter of ambush.

Are you talking about some radar or autopilot that is telling you how to approach something or the ability to see what round AT or HE is in?
In original RO you could see what round is in (but couldn't change it without shooting), so it should probably be the same with the ability to change the round in the barrel (though I'm not sure about changing it; would be nice though).

Upvote 0
In real scenario, crew communicate. That's how they are informed. I suggest you do the same if playing with a friend (communication is power). And if you're driving a tank alone, you can jump through all AI positions quickly to check ammo status. It's not hard.

And if I dont have microphone for some reason? You know baby is sleeping - using headphones and etc. ... Are you sure that I must write it?

No radar man, just ammo type hud of gunner like in RO, to see what ammo he is switching on.

Reactions: u-s-e-r
Upvote 0
I think this is a very valid suggestion. I like it. Because indeed, for those without a micophone, typing down every little bit of information is a distraction and an excellent way to get yourself killed.

Tactical view could show the type of ammo (at least in relaxed realism).
Would be best since it kills immersion (apparently) for some people (I would agree).

Upvote 0
And if I dont have microphone for some reason? You know baby is sleeping - using headphones and etc. ... Are you sure that I must write it?

No radar man, just ammo type hud of gunner like in RO, to see what ammo he is switching on.

The OP suggestion is good, but adding the "HUD ammo info" for the driver isn't realistic.

Commander: T-Vierunddrei

Reactions: Capt.Cool
Upvote 0