• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Talking 'bout forum atmosphere.

Ossius

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
There is a rule of thumb that has been going around the game industry and especially games with a good community. I was hoping to drop it here considering the negativity around here.

Those who dislike the game come on the forum to play, those who love the game are too busy playing it.

So don't get in the dumps RO2 fans It looks grim but the game is doing well trust me.

And yes, I have an issue with assault rifles too, but TWI will fix it, like it has fixed everything in the last two weeks. Trust them to adjust the game and fix it, they don't want to piss off everyone. I'm sure they are thinking about right now how to make a compromise or solution to bring the game back to what it should be.

Reactions: vyyye
There is a rule of thumb that has been going around the game industry and especially games with a good community. I was hoping to drop it here considering the negativity around here.

Those who dislike the game come on the forum to play, those who love the game are too busy playing it.

So don't get in the dumps RO2 fans It looks grim but the game is doing well trust me.

And yes, I have an issue with assault rifles too, but TWI will fix it, like it has fixed everything in the last two weeks. Trust them to adjust the game and fix it, they don't want to piss off everyone. I'm sure they are thinking about right now how to make a compromise or solution to bring the game back to what it should be.

On the assault rifles.

How will they fix it?

As far as I understand the number of MKB's is as designed by TWI?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
blah blah

its a proven fact that active forum posters play more and PAY FOR THE GAME MORE
example battlefield heroes from EA.. there is a proven link .. active forum whiners pay 20X TIMES MORE for the game.

twi promised ranked vs non ranked work in beta (reallyreally really message from RAM).. and its not working. and many many other things, but they cant even separate ranked vs non ranked servers in browser

the fact that they unlocked mkbs for EVERYONE is just plain unprofessional
what they will do now.. lock it back for standard version?

Last edited:
Reactions: melipone and Ossius
Upvote 0
I have no doubt whiners play more, but the people who are enjoying the game don't bother to come on the forums, because they have nothing to say, they like the game, they want to play the game. They might be found on their server's forums talking about tactics or organizing ranks, people who have bugs/issues with gameplay will come to forums to demand change.

That is why there is more negative posts than positive.

Upvote 0
I was thinking the exact same thing just now. In a couple of months I won't be on the forums at all. As it is the game is in a worse state than BC2 when it was released and the pings make the gameplay a dial up experience so I'm here belly aching and reporting bugs instead. :(

It's not that bad.

I wouldn't recommend playing on 64 player servers right now, as there are just too many that aren't set up to run the game properly.

Sure, there are a good many bugs and frustrations, but OP is right that the game has gone down pretty well with most PC players who like tactical FPS. A few too many tactikewl elements, but nothing a little modding won't fix.

Good servers will no doubt keep the game alive for the next couple of years at least.

BC2's life expectancy had a best-before date on it from the moment of release.

Upvote 0
Well, the problem is the folks that are ignoring the forums now are also going to be the folks that take a hike as soon as the next big thing rolls out. The folks on the forum now are (for the most part) the long-term community of the game who are complaining with the intention of increasing the game's longevity. People looking for a quick thrill aren't really interested in how the game is going to play a year from now.

Reactions: vyyye
Upvote 0
Been enjoying the game a great deal. I've found I get much better ping on small servers. 40 person servers seems to be the sweet spot. 64 player server seem like they have difficulty giving everyone optimal pings. They tend to run higher.

I'm getting amazing performance with everything turned up.

This game will be a good investment. It will keep improving through support, free content and patches through its lifespan.

The "culture" of PC gaming now isn't one of patience. It's one that demands results and refuses to suffer even the slightest bit of inconvenience. The truth is, a lot of the people decrying the end of TWI, RO2 and PC gaming don't have the patience to wait or the foresight to see past their own limited experience.

They have trouble running the game on their outdated machines or get poor performance because of some unoptimized piece of code. Therefore, they jump to the conclusion that the game sucks, TWI has betrayed all its fans and that PC gaming is in the dumpster.

A lot of people are busy enjoying the game and getting good results with it. TWI knows people are getting less than stellar experiences and they're working to fix it. It's as simple as that.

Upvote 0