Tali-Ihantala 1944 movie

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wiglaf

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 12, 2006
Perkele is indeed Estonian thundergod Perkules. Which was far more malicious than Ukko the sky god. Later dupped as the "satan" by the catholic churc in order to convert the old ways.
Ofcource which controled the sky in the end, Ukko or Perkunas and who was to be worshipped when is unclear as whit all old pagan religions.
Some find this illogical, but I see it as an excellent example of how ****ed up the world is.

Being K11 it must lack sex scenes I'm sure it has enough of mayham.

No, Im not sure. TBH it most likely it offers pretty pictures as "fr

|9.SS|Kriechbaum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 27, 2006
I cannot wait to see this movie (although it is almost definitly not going to to come to theaters here in the US)

I love the Winter War and the Continuation War, very interesting and not very well known to most non-Europeans.

I also recently ordered the Winter War on DVD, I have always wanted to see that!

RedGuardist

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2006
There's a miniseries of the Winter War? o_O

Of course there is. It is originally made as a miniseries. Five parts. One hour per part. And it is most definately as good as, or even better, than Band of Brothers, if I

myzko

FNG / Fresh Meat
Hey! Screw you thread maker, I wanted to create this thread :mad::mad:

Anyways, check out the trailer and the pictures :eek:

Seriously.. I'm weeting my pants, ahaha! Seeing as how I'm Half-Finnish :cool:

Anyways, I'm hoping to see a spanking of Laatakainen and Mannerheim, seriously they where playing ****ing tennis when the attack by the russians started :D:D:D

Welt

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 12, 2006
Finland
Definitely worth watching IMO, the Stug scenes were just awesome as were the other tank scenes. There were some predictable parts but the whole movie did get the war veterans approval, so it must portray the events quite realistically.

Panzerfausts for the win.

RedGuardist

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2006
Definitely worth watching IMO, the Stug scenes were just awesome as were the other tank scenes. There were some predictable parts but the whole movie did get the war veterans approval, so it must portray the events quite realistically.

Panzerfausts for the win.

Was it better than the earlier one, "Etulinjan edess

Oldih

Glorious IS-2 Comrade
Nov 22, 2005
Finland
One guy who was extra in the film said that the film "Sucks more than russian whore in the streets of St. Petersburg."

I guess that might tell more than enough, but I still need to see it myself before drawing any conclusions :p

RedGuardist

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2006
One guy who was extra in the film said that the film "Sucks more than russian whore in the streets of St. Petersburg."

I guess that might tell more than enough, but I still need to see it myself before drawing any conclusions :p

Well, I

BlackLabel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 9, 2007
Churmany
Well i doubt i will ever see it...not in the movie theaters here in germany thats for sure. Oh sad..the trailer looked promising.:( So finnland has a rich history of WW2 movies right ? Could someone PM me sources or links where to buy the better ones ? ( subtitles a must...in english..no problem )

myzko

FNG / Fresh Meat
Well i doubt i will ever see it...not in the movie theaters here in germany thats for sure. Oh sad..the trailer looked promising.:( So finnland has a rich history of WW2 movies right ? Could someone PM me sources or links where to buy the better ones ? ( subtitles a must...in english..no problem )

Try getting Tuntematon Sotilas with good subs, it translates as Unknown Soldier :cool: