• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tagging

Nah, it's a reall good idea. And pretty much Undedd Jesters entire post sounds right to me. I fully support this idea. The arrow when not looking at the tagged specimen is one of the most crucial aspects to this diea I believe because on some levels people hold in adjacent rooms and it would be pointless to have a red flashing light to attract attention when this light isn't visible from another room. :p

Upvote 0
I think it'd be a nice idea, though I'm not sure about having a damage multiplier for it.

Also, what if you shoot the wrong specimen? :p

That or if you miss.

I think it should last longer then 10 seconds but have it so you can only ever have one tagged.

Also, as everyone esle was saying, to the entire team getting multipliers, the tagged state should work like how fire does now.

Only one person can activate it and whoever did first will not receive it. That way an entire team can't tag patty and everyone would have a multiplier on him.

Maybe you could make use of the trader arrow so that it points out zeds? (things won't be tagged 24/7 so it won't make it impossible to find her or anything)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Only reason I say 10 seconds is can you imagine tagging the Patty with this thing? Easiest hunt down ever.

If it lasts 10 seconds he typically runs for about that long, so you may get an idea where he is, but you will have a hard time tracking him. Unless of course his cloak ability causes the tag to short circuit or something and drop off :)

Either that or have the HUD effect only work when you have a LoS on the target. (So if you are facing the opposite direction, the tag will show up if it can see you, but not if you are around a wall.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does anyone have any starting point imagery for the tagger?

I was thinking something like this:

LTLM-gps.jpg

Works like the LAW in a fashion, you can only "fire" the Tagger when scoped, and it has an adjustable zoom perhaps? There would be a infrared laser for ease of lining up painting, and maybe when a target is tagged it could "glow" like the stalker when looking down the scope.

After this the LAW can lock on to the tagged specimen (hopefully something big) and aim for it, in the way a smart bomb is guided to the target.

I see this concept has been advanced a bit since my last visit. I was going to offer that Candlejack may have provided, albeit indirectly, a suitable means of taking advantage of a tagged specimen.

By blinding it using the laser.

The effect would be short-lived, perhaps due to the laser needing to be recharged. The affected zed would mill around a bit, (stunned?), and would basically be temporarilly helpless. (I was thinking in terms of a longer than normal stun, rather than a damage multiplier.) Could also be used to simply gain some time/distance in a nasty situation, or to suppress that very distant Husk that is making things difficult, while the team tends to closer, more urgent problems.

In any case, I'm pleased to see this idea is still cooking.

Upvote 0
The only problem with blinding speimens is that what happens to raging specimens? Do they stop raging? If so, this sounds a lot like some drug suggested earlier for medic, i think it was a tranquiliser... Anyway, the popint is that it was demmed overpowered and perfectly honest I agree. Being able to stop the flesh pound rage is like having it not attack you at all. By the time it "wakes back up", it would be dead cos the team would annihalate it. I know I would.:D And whata bout the Pattie? Would he mill around? cos then you could just shoot him with it, then surround him with Chainsaws. the only difficult thing about the Chainsaw take down is getting close to him as a team, with him stunned or whatever, he would be raped in a second.

Other than all that, it woud not be a bad idea if ALL the bugs were worked out and proper balancing achieved.

The small damage multiplier I like better, but I could get outvoted here. :p

Upvote 0