• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactical Gaming

whatever...btw, there's something on your chin.

It's true...and don't be juvenile.

Brainstorming is the easiest part of any process. Get a bunch of guys together on a porch for a few hours, and they'll have all the world's problems figured out. But how many of those sessions actually end up fixing anything? Next to none, because the implementation actually requires *effert* (no offense Dyslexi, you do awesome work and it's quite clear you put a lot of effort into your writing, but I think you get what I mean :))

Upvote 0
All these things have already been implemented somewhere, somehow; they aren't pipe dreams. But, of course whenever there's a concensus for change one of the devs' buttkissers jumps in with the same old 'I'm sure the devs know..blah blah blah' and how long did it take just to get it where your legs didn't break from a one meter fall? (don't forget about your chin)

Upvote 0
Elvis, you need to dial your flaming back a bit.

However, you do have a point -- all the features that Dslyecxi has mentioned in his articles have been implemented in one game or another. In the case of his first article, he tends to stick to about 4 or 5 games when referencing, so most have gotten about a quarter of the way there :). Infiltration appears to have gone the extra mile with a number of funky features. So, if anything, Infiltration proves that these ideas can all be implemented in the one game, just that the devs have to be that way inclined.

Mal

Upvote 0
Whill not all the ideas Dslyecxi presents are probly for RO there are quite a few that it probly could benifet from..

Well I just though I should post some of the things that I think could be usefull.

Climbing/Mantling:
just waching the vid taken from COD II, makes me want to see it in RO. its realy nice and can be rather usefull.

Prone:
Thy way its done in most games (including RO) is just not right. it should be around 100* then you have to adjust your postion..

Movement on Inclines/Stairs:
This should be implmented as real pepole have diffrent speeds for climbing up inclines

Obstructions:
get to close to a wall and the wall gets in the way of your gun....

Penetration:
Whill its probly not posible in the current engien to implment a full Penetration system a partial one might be posible, basicly just have a few objects that can be Penetitrated like wood doors & wooden fences...

Inventory/Carrying Capacity/Encumbrance:
somewhat allready in RO (atlest in the Inventory department) I would like to see weight implmented, and effects of if you carry more than your normal amount.

Sight Sway:
basicly if you move the gun your front sight should move around a bit, wich would meen that you have to pause inorder to realign your shights (wich should remove alot of value of the pop up snipers...)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0