• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics T60 on Hedgehog

A competent Panzer III tank commander will make mincemeat of you.

Hehe...that is the truth. I've smoked the T-60 so many times it quit coming around me. Too many tank commanders have poor combat awareness and allow the T-60 to sneak up on me. Otherwise, with the right driver and angle the T-60 can shoot every round he has at you and not hurt a thing.

I'd like to see the BT-7 in game.

Upvote 0
real life = T60 is an old tech piece of junk. a tin can, capable of standing up to only the smallest early war tanks.

in game = it's an over powered, over armored killing machine. I think in other threads it's said that the game gives the T60 the equivalent of APCR ammunition!?!?? I mean it's silly.

it's almost as poorly employed as the SU76, but let's not get into that here. :eek:

Upvote 0
Oh god. Don't talk to me about the SU. I've bounced Tiger shells off that bastard one too many times.

The PzIII has a solid enough traverse speed to be able to keep up with the T60 at any distance besides within 15 feet. That, and it's rare to ever encounter a T60 crew who is experienced and works together.

It typically takes a single shot to just about any location on the T60 to obtain a kill... that, coupled with the PzIII's obscenely fast reload, well.

If the T60 gets the jump on you, you're finished.
If you miss the first shot or it richochets, you have a slight chance of survival.
If the first shot lands successfully, but doesn't kill, you've got a better chance... but still not great.
If the first shot kills, which it almost always will, then you're homefree... for a while, anyways.

Upvote 0
I think the Pz III on Hedgehog has HE instead of APCR, actually. On Bondarevo you're absolutely right, though.

The Pz III spawns in 3 different locations on HH. In one location it spawns with APCR instead of HE. You can use this to your advantage and have at least 2 Pz IIIs on that map. Then that pesky T-60 has a real hard time surviving.

Upvote 0
The Pz III spawns in 3 different locations on HH. In one location it spawns with APCR instead of HE. You can use this to your advantage and have at least 2 Pz IIIs on that map. Then that pesky T-60 has a real hard time surviving.

Never seen this before :eek:

But I did poke around and yes, PzIII has HE on Hedgehog. My mistake... though the T60 on Bondarevo is just a deathtrap on treads ;)

Upvote 0
I've personally never had much of a problem with the T60 unless it gets on the hill behind the German spawns. Anywhere else on Hedgehog there is sufficient cover that when the crew invariably uses the tanks speed and outstrips its infantry cover its Fausted and bye, bye have a nice trip to respawnland.

Upvote 0
I haven't much experience, but the first time I played HH I killed the T60 6 times (OK, 5 kills and a mobility kill) with the P-Faust, about half of them while it was moving... I was lurking close to the bridge, occasionally sprinting through the river when the T60 went east. I suppose the tank player wasn't very good or the accompanying infantry was lousy, but still... I wonder what a good P-Faust player can do!

Upvote 0
Using a recently captured At rifle on that t60 can work wonders for the axis team as well, providing theres a allie that decided to pick that role. Though its not that great to use when theres panzerfausts almost always spawning nearby, it works. All the more so when your AT infantry and tankers don't seem to be doing that great, or even when they are.

Upvote 0
Well. T60 on close ranges is most deadly tank in soviet squad. It has blitz speed ( better than univesal carrier :D ), and if driver and commander are realy teamworking and they understand each other, they are hard to kill. Even on larger maps T60 is usefull. On Orel u can destroy all tanks in the hills area, just wait for them and drive around when shooting. The turret of other tanks is too slow to get ya.

The only problem with T60 is... the crew. If crew know how to use PTRD they will get full auto PTRD, with armor that can bounce about 5 shots ( my personal best is 6 from P3, 2 from Tiger :D )

Upvote 0
The T-60 is awful. It can withstand a shot or two if angled wright, but if you get that panzer three on HH right in front of those boxes near the C F and a competent squad leader giving tactical support you made in the shade. THe only way a T-60 can get a panzer three is if the crew is totally inept and tries to move around the whole battlefield. Besides, a T-60 gives u fair warning with the loud sound it makes. Not to hard to tell where it is coming from.

Upvote 0
The T-60 is awful. It can withstand a shot or two if angled wright.
Dan said:
If the Pz III misses that first shot, or if the first shot doesn't kill you right away he is dead. All you have to do is stop spin the turret and fire off 6 or 7 rounds at him, KABOOM

Lets hope stuff like this is fixed in RO2 if there are vehicles in it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does nobody else realize how much the T60 dominates HedgeHog? The small size of the map means that this tank can be pretty much everywhere, including the Axis spawn within seconds. You don't even have to shoot the main gun, you can just drive through the fields and mow down the Germans as they try to run away. If they lie down for cover you can easily crush them. The German panzer has no armour so it gets minced by the faster firing gun. The only real obstacle is German anti tank infantry, but they are slow enough that you can usually avoid the area they are in. When you get tired of running the Germans over you can sit on a hill somewhere and pick them off with the machine gun.

And yet I never seem to have any competition for tank comander or tank crew. It's as if nobody else realizes how easy it is to rack up kills. With the T60 I regularly have atleast double the score of the next highest player. Usually that's from zipping back and forth capturing the East and West Farmhouses. But also a ridiculous number of kills. I would be pissed at me if I were the other team, especially when I run a donut through a squad of five guys and their limbs go splattering.

Yep two decent crew in the T60 and germans have no chance.

Upvote 0