• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

T-34 in action, camera inside

I'm not sure if I would compare this to HOS actually, not only is HOS featuring a T34/76 rather than the /85 shown here (if the interiors are the same forgive me) but restored WW2 tanks often feature various non-genuine components.

I'm just gonna trust TWI with the appearance of it all, they're well aware that legions of rivet-counters await them on the forums and they're making a HUGE effort in their authenticity.

And if it turns it a lever is on the wrong side, or a certain kind of mechanism wasn't around at the time...? I'd rather not know :)

Upvote 0
Very cool footage. It gives you an idea of just how cramped those tanks are. Just imagine what it would be like after firing a bunch of rounds with the panic of battle all around you and your commander screaming orders through the radio, with hot shells lying around and the air thick with smoke.

Epic.

Oh and BTW what the hell is wrong with you people who downvoted him? just for posting an interesting video? ugh.

Upvote 0
Damn its loud in there...
implement THAT ;)

I agree. You're not going to be hearing a tank buster's footsteps or the clatter of his AT grenade on your engine deck. What you will hear is the explosion and your fighting compartment filling with smoke at which point you'd get the hell out of Dod--- wait, no. You'd press the scuttle key.

Upvote 0
I agree. You're not going to be hearing a tank buster's footsteps or the clatter of his AT grenade on your engine deck. What you will hear is the explosion and your fighting compartment filling with smoke at which point you'd get the hell out of Dod--- wait, no. You'd press the scuttle key.

I think the issue of not leaving a tank might have something to do with how they made you spawn inside the tank. Also people getting tank crew and not crewing tanks. Stuff like that.

Upvote 0
Apos is the master of finding extraordinary videos on teh internets...:IS2:

Reminded me of driving a big Cat dozer in the '70's. Release the drive on the tread (pulling on the handle) and standing on the released treads brake pedal to turn. I thinke he needs to work on his gear changing though...:p After a while, one learns the quirks of their individual machine and where its shift points (rpm vs speed vs gear) are by feel and sound.

Really cool video with lots of little nuances. Great find and post.

I noticed he turned the turret back around before re-entering his seat. I wonder if that was to put the barrel back to the front of if that was necessary to give him room to climb back in?

Upvote 0
Oh my god.

I just ejaculated.

Reminded me of driving a big Cat dozer in the '70's. Release the drive on the tread (pulling on the handle) and standing on the released treads brake pedal to turn. I thinke he needs to work on his gear changing though...:p After a while, one learns the quirks of their individual machine and where its shift points (rpm vs speed vs gear) are by feel and sound.

lol. Wut a nub the driver was.

Why didn't he use WASD? Plus numkeys to change position and use the turret once you get hulldown!

Last edited:
Reactions: Reddog
Upvote 0