• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
If you realy want to see "better", ie. more accurate, game play then you should push for more bulet deviation from the point of aim, especialy at range. As it is right now that is the one thing that needs tweeking in the weapons more than anything. At 200m aiming at center mass on a human sized target you may well end up missing anything vital and puting a round in their arm or sholder rather than in the heart/lungs or gut; go much further than that and you have a chance of missing him entierly even though you are aimed dead center and have perfect from.

Eh'. Ballistics are already in play, no need for a bullet deviation unless they make a way to monitor all of the elements that could make the round deviate, or at least he most vital ones; wind, humidity, temperature.

I think that might be a bit overkill in terms of player interaction. Also, there isn't going to be hardly any round deviation at the ranges currently presented. 100m with a K98, you're going to run the risk of key holing more than anything. We would have to start seeing 500m - 800m before a round aimed center mass is going to flat out miss, or nick extremities.

-Paas

Upvote 0
Any military vets wanna comment on this? I know we have some on here...

I'd like to know how much "sway" you actually get when firing a rifle after sprinting till you're breathing heavy. (and not from some random dude who's out of shame but someone who's been in top combat shape)

Seems like you'd be swaying way more than you do in game currently. I like the sway when you're not tired, but it seems a little crazy right after you sprinted for 50 meters to have very little...

It also blurs the line between defenders/attackers too much IMO.

Upvote 0
agreed... too quick and easy to align iron sites for pinpoint accurate shots.

breathing is modeled but it doesn't do anything to tense or relax the muscles

now with the zoom feature, it makes RO1 rifles look like muskets...
and I thought it was too easy to Iron Site aim in RO1.

Yes, I've fired guns- I own a Kar98.

Right now Perching, Proning and Crouching for a better shot is pointless.

And with the Hero unlocks for reduced sway, I must ask- What Sway?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Eh'. Ballistics are already in play, no need for a bullet deviation unless they make a way to monitor all of the elements that could make the round deviate, or at least he most vital ones; wind, humidity, temperature.

I think that might be a bit overkill in terms of player interaction. Also, there isn't going to be hardly any round deviation at the ranges currently presented. 100m with a K98, you're going to run the risk of key holing more than anything. We would have to start seeing 500m - 800m before a round aimed center mass is going to flat out miss, or nick extremities.

-Paas

As I understand it wind, humidity and temp realy only come into effect at long range engagements in any way that is meaning full; talking around 1km. At ranges inside that physics plays more into things. When I was as Baisc for the Army they gave us a crash course in balistics and the only thing they coverd were bulet drop and very lightly on minute of angle. The game has bulet drop wich is nice but with out minute of angle the only thing limiting long range engagments is how well you can see them. Minute of angle starts coming into play as a signifigant factor at around 200-250m, befor that the round displacement is nglagable.

As for sway, the only thing that needs an increase, and only a little I think, is sway when stamina is way down. Other than that keeping a weapon stable isn't that hard, the Kar98 only wieghs 8lbs and a little more and isn't all that long so keeping it trained on a target while moving or standing unsuported wouldn't be all that dificult. An M16 wieghs about the same and is only a little shorter and I know that it is easy to handle in that respect.

Upvote 0
This is my biggest gripe with the game as well. Increasing the sway will improve the game for people that want a more RO1 like experience more than any other single change and simply must be increased for hardcore mode, or at the very least be changeable in custom settings.
What about the people who want a more Mod like experience? The ridiculous weapon sway in ROOST was a huge nerf to skilled players and is the number 1 reason I went from a dedicated RO player playing at the top levels of competition to not playing it at all. IMNSHO I like that they have done away with that, let people who can shoot quick and well actually profit from it.

Upvote 0
What about the people who want a more Mod like experience? The ridiculous weapon sway in ROOST was a huge nerf to skilled players and is the number 1 reason I went from a dedicated RO player playing at the top levels of competition to not playing it at all. IMNSHO I like that they have done away with that, let people who can shoot quick and well actually profit from it.

Really? RO1 didn't have enough sway, only time you had sway was if you had your iron-sites up all the time.

you can't aim while your weapon is swaying? This is why I won't be playing RO2... to damn easy to pop off 100% accurate shots in 2 seconds.

As these are the best shots, when you score a hit while having to compensate for twitch/sway

too easy to have perfectly aligned Olympic steady sights all the time on your avatar...

Upvote 0
you are moving nearly as fast as ussein bolt, although you have a lot of equipement to carry. not speaking about the stamina, which is an absolutely no-go. you can run fast and almost as long as you want. sprinting like a machine. and the best thing: you stop and shoot like the best sniper ever (with or without the ridiculous zoom function)

all in all (I know it was hard work and the game has very good aspects) ROHOS feels less RO and more like MW2. not just due to the sheets of paper which fly trough the streets, or the killcam (holy!)..

Upvote 0