• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SVT40 is WRONG. please fix it!

This has bothered me since the watching my cousin play the beta. The SVT40 did not have a plum colored bolt and electropenciled numbers on the bolt handle. This was all done POST WAR, most likely in the late 40's or early 50's. The SVT left the factory with a bolt that was "in the white" essentially looking the same color as the 1891/30 bolt. The reason the bolt is the strange plum color is because they tried to blue them when they did the re-arsenal. The high nickel content in the bolt reacted with the hot bluing process creating the plum color. The electro pencil numbers were used to force match the bolts to the receivers after they had undergone cleaning (as these guns were stripped and cleaned the parts were just thrown into various bins, so on rebuild the parts to a given rifle did not have matching serial numbers).

Tripwire most likely found a rifle as a model and it undoubtedly was a Russian re-arsenal. I have a 1941 re-arsenal and it looks exactly as in game. The only time you might see an original looking SVT is if you find a Finnish captured rifle or a vet bring-back. A quick google search will get you a photo of an original and a little more will get you to an in depth story.

This would be a really easy fix that would make the game more correct.

Well, the 91/30 bolts also are still blued, despite what that Ramm promised it was just a messed up build and would be fixed in the gold build.

Funny because I was just in game, and my 91/30 bolt wasn't blued. As a matter of fact, it was changed exactly like I said it was going to be. It is a little dirty on the lower experience levels, but it is DEFINITELY not blued like it was in the alpha.

Regarding the SVT40 - the weapon in game was modeled off of my personal SVT40. It is not a later import as it has no import markings on it. It may possibly have been refinished in Russian in the 50's or 60's before it was sent here, of that I am unsure. Either way, it's the best example of a pristine SVT-40 I've ever seen, and the one in game is good enough for me.

Upvote 0
Funny because I was just in game, and my 91/30 bolt wasn't blued. As a matter of fact, it was changed exactly like I said it was going to be. It is a little dirty on the lower experience levels, but it is DEFINITELY not blued like it was in the alpha.

Regarding the SVT40 - the weapon in game was modeled off of my personal SVT40. It is not a later import as it has no import markings on it. It may possibly have been refinished in Russian in the 50's or 60's before it was sent here, of that I am unsure. Either way, it's the best example of a pristine SVT-40 I've ever seen, and the one in game is good enough for me.

my mosin in game (and rl) are not blued lol? also the plum colored svt 40 looks pretty cool if you ask me lol like ramm said its fine for me

Upvote 0

No bluing here either. The SVT slide doesn't bother me at all. And it's not plum on my screen, it's a reddish color, friend says it looks rust, I just say it looks red. Either way I thought it was a cool take on how it looks.

Upvote 0
the plum bolt was cause of heat treating
9hrhvc.jpg

Upvote 0
In case people didn't catch on... Low experience level weapons are dirty and worn, as you gain experience your weapons increase in performance and also they become cleaner and more shiny.

Those of you with bayonet unlocks should notice that your Mosin Nagants are slightly cleaner than they were before.

Upvote 0
If OP is correct he has a valid point. For those who are talking about priorities, this would be a job for a the art team, who probably have nothing to do with all the various bugs and things everyone is complaining about right now.

Try to find some sources and then make this in the suggestions forum, maybe the next time TWI do a major content patch (new maps etc) this will get included, assuming you are correct of course.

Upvote 0