SVT 40 for ealry war NLF and PAVN

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

gimpy117

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 6, 2011
Michigan
we need a gun to be a better more powerful option for early war, and, I personally think the SVT 40 could be an easy port from previous games to fill the gap. it seems likely the soviets sent a gun like this. does anyone have hard data backing this up?

Last edited:
Reactions: ddongssanda

TexRed

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 11, 2018
This rifle was one of the reasons why I spent a year and a half trying to find a primary source looking for a primary source: a photo, a trophy of war report, a captured weapons report, ect but found nothing. As far as I can tell this weapon was either not used in the Vietnam War or in such minuscule numbers that would be neglected. The only sources I ever seen saying the SVT40 was video games, Wikipedia (which was marked as dubious), and a website that says "this is the stuff used in the Vietnam War" even though they have no hard facts. Also if AMG does add a MAS 49 to PAVN and NLF, it would serve the role of a full cartridge semi auto rifle that the SVT 40 would fill and be more historically factual.

Reactions: gimpy117