• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Survivalist Needs A Buff

Wizard_Of_Odds

Sep 23, 2020
Survivalist is that one guy going around using certain weapons that are fitted for a particular situation however, switching weapons constantly can be a pain because Survivalist doesn't have swap speed, increased swap speed would go so well for Survivalist and fits that perk perfectly and maybe increase Survivalist's passive overall damage to 25%-30% (default is 15%).

Yeah, Survivalist needs buffing. But not random stuff, give it things that allows for a bit of a personalization, rather than a "this talent goes with this weapon, all times" meta-boringness.
With that thought, I present to you this:

Some notes for the rework (which I follow for all my perk-reworks):
  • I've tried to remove meta-picks, and hopefully each tier feels more like making a choice based on playstyle.
  • Spontaneous Zed-splosion, as an example, is a perk on live which does nothing when fighting a sole enemy (like when duking it out with a boss), so its changes/additions were to make it a useful pick even in those situations.
  • I've tried to make sure that no talent choice is useless on particular weapons (i.e. removed weaponpidgeonholing). For example, the level 5 choices no longer restrict you to certain weapons, and level 20's Make Things Go Boom now does something for ALL weapons in the game.
  • No talent is useless without dosh or other ways to refill ammo/grenades etc.
  • RNG is removed (affects Spontaneous Zed-splosion).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The best way to sum it up would be to allow the survivalist to SURVIVE better... And increasing ammo pools and swap speed are part of this. Not increased resistance or healing however, as not to step into SWAT, Medic or Zerk.

I also agree with Aze : we should avoid being too specific with the perk. It's supposed to be a jack-of-all-trades..so why should we divide elite reloads into two skills?

I believe we don't really encourage players enough about mixing up your arsenals and skills.

Upvote 0
Some Ideas for Survivalist's buffs:
* More magazine sizes for SMGs and ARs (Passive Skill) - 100% or 50%? - And more ammo from ammo drops
* Less Recoil for Assault Rifles (Highly needed for Commando's ARs)
* More Weapon Swapping Speed
* Higher Movement Speed (+10%) without having a melee perk - Comes from the sharpshooter
* More zed time extensions (3 maybe?)
* Can see stalkers
* More damage resistance (For people to be able to use Melee weapons with Survivalist without taking much damage)
* More HP (150 that comes as a part of the 175 Berserker HP) - Maybe tradable with Regen too?
* Cannot be grabbed by clots (comes from SWAT or berserker)

Upvote 0
Maybe a bit much? He should obviously be able to do the job of ANY other perk... but not EVERY other perk at the same time. I don't know if you get what I mean?

It's okay for him to be some sort of berzerker/firebug hybrid for example. Or use multiple weapons more often.

But he shouldn't get the bonuses of everyone, otherwise he would just become a one-man-army.

Reactions: Humam2104
Upvote 0
but not EVERY other perk at the same time. I don't know if you get what I mean?
Yes, I get you but I wrote all these as a consideration because I know that TWI won't add all of these but maybe take some of them
Implementing all of these would make the survivalist OP. Implementing some of them would make good enough ;)
I think some are really necessary (the first 3)

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0