• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Survivalist: Melee Expert should be a guarantee at Level 10

flashn00b

Grizzled Veteran
  • Feb 1, 2011
    While i'm kind of glad that Survivalist balance changes are aiming towards buffs rather than an outright rework, I dunno if i agree with the changes to the Level 10 skills, as Melee Expert will always be the attractive option solely for the extra movement speed (Even if you're using ranged weapons exclusively, you can still just grab your knife to kite zeds).

Because of this, i think this would be a welcome change instead of just buffing Melee Expert and Medic Training

would be a welcome change for the Level 10 skills:

Level 10: Melee Combat
    Mad Doctor: Increase syringe recharge and potency by (value)%, movement speed with melee weapons by 25% and melee attack speed by (value)%. Also inflict ballistic_pistol DoT with melee weapons.

CQB Training: Increase neutral weapon damage by +(value)% and melee attack speed by +(value)%. Also increase movement speed by 25% when using melee weapons.

Not throwing down any numbers due to Melee Expert and Medic Training gaining increased values, though i still think that rather than choose between melee proficiency and better heals, i think both skills should give similar levels of melee proficiency, except the choice is now replaced with better healing vs better shooting.