• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Surrender action

Crusher

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Belgium
so I thought about this while laying in bed: why not have the option to drop your weapon and surrender, the enemy won't get points if he shoots you...but the friendlies will get like points if they shoot you. The only question is: you surrenderd, great, but now what?

What kind of pussy would surrender? This is a lame idea.

damn dude, ive been looking around multiple threads, and in each one, you were there, bashing the ideas and adding comments like go play bf2...

you might surrender when you know you're outnumbered, and youve got no chance to win. not everyone would do it ofcourse since my guess is most of them will want to try to take as many with them into death as they can ^^
on the other hand, others might surrender, you could use the use button on them to capture them or something, and they'd 'die' and respawn.. you could get points for capturing enemies maybe.
IRL people surrendered, i think it might be another thing that could immerse you into this game more, if done well.

stop bashing truman:D

Upvote 0
damn dude, ive been looking around multiple threads, and in each one, you were there, bashing the ideas and adding comments like go play bf2...

you might surrender when you know you're outnumbered, and youve got no chance to win. not everyone would do it ofcourse since my guess is most of them will want to try to take as many with them into death as they can ^^
on the other hand, others might surrender, you could use the use button on them to capture them or something, and they'd 'die' and respawn.. you could get points for capturing enemies maybe.
IRL people surrendered, i think it might be another thing that could immerse you into this game more, if done well.

stop bashing truman:D

If it's a stupid idea, I'll let you know. If you want to role play surrender, go for it....all you have to do is drop all your weapons and walk around unarmed. Then someone will shoot you.

Upvote 0
If it's a stupid idea, I'll let you know. If you want to role play surrender, go for it....all you have to do is drop all your weapons and walk around unarmed. Then someone will shoot you.

then lets say you get extra points for a capture, then people would not shoot you, problem solved.
its not like everyone would immediately start doing this man, but think about what if it did happen once in a while. there is more to war then point the gun and take the shot

Upvote 0