• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Update Second Beta Changelog

Lt.Fenix;n2320846 said:
Is this game even salvageable without major gameplay revisions?
Honestly, I find the basic gameplay scheme to be really really dumb.

- The majority of the maps are corridor cluster****s where scrakes spawn around corners and instagib your intestines.
Every time I try a new map, I'm instantly disappointed because the map designs seem so lazy.
There are typically specific, less-bad camping spots on most of the maps, which generally share the trait that they're more open so you actually have some space to maneuver.
Deviate from those spots, and you're liable to get insta-gutted by a dumb scrake that spawned behind a corner, or quickly get blinded by and/or inhale a lung full of green **** that the devs seem to love, and then get toasted by a husk or something.
Or a group of fleshpounds spawn right behind your back and charge at you with an attack that can't be dodged... then a scrake spawns around a corner again and slices your stomach open. Have I mentioned that I hate around-the-corner spawning scrakes?

- The amount of money you make depends on how many zeds you kill, which promotes selfish behavior, instead of some sort of reward system based on what proportion of the team survived or something.
Now we have this dumb upgrade system where you can spend 3000+ upgrading everything to "tier 5".

- Whenever you die, you only drop the current weapon you're holding and the other ones simply vanish.
Not sure what the point of this is, other than to frustrate the player.
Then, when you respawn, you have to try to run back to where you think you dropped the gun, and then try to make it to the trader in time, which often fails, leaving you with very little ammo so that most likely you'll die again.
If you upgrade more than one gun and you die, well then you're boned, because you're losing all but one.
Also, why can't you hold more than one gun of the same model? A teammate with the same model of gun that you dropped can't pick it up for you because of that.

This is just sort of an unstructured rambling post, but it's so frustrating because this game seems to have so much potential, yet there are so many issues that destroy the fun so often.

Oh lovely, another response by someone with two braincells to rub together! Maybe we'll even get TWI's attention at this rate ha

You're obviously a good enough player to notice how the game cheeses you with black swan spawns if you're doing the lion's share of the damage and / or surviving waves that the rest of your team can't.

For those of you who regularly see zeds charge straight past you as if you ain't even there, it's probably because the game conductor has put out a hit on whichever player's murdering half of each wave on his own. That's why in a lot of games the zeds all go straight for the zerker and ignore the friend whose turn it is to pocket medic whilst the zerker just sits there spamming mouse1 with the katana or something. But have any of you ever been having a decent game as sharpie or demo, smashing one big zed after another, when suddenly 3 FPs come from nowhere and charge straight past your entire team to make _sure_ you're dead no matter how many medic nades are at your feet etc? That's the "game conductor" for you... I have a hilarious video that was taken from the Evac Point roof that you can jump off of where a raged fleshpound on the other side of the map can be seen charging past the five guys at ground level beneath me and then all the way up that long staircase just to hit me... It has to be seen to be believed to be honest

The zeds do seem to "re-think" their target every once in a while, but only when it's annoying really. That's why if some stalker or something runs straight past you you can't give her your back and leave her to your team because (especially without line-of-sight on her initial target) she's bound to come back to claim 40 — 50% of your armour the second you've lost interest. I've actually seen squads of stalkers run around someone and then suddenly all decide to just stop and attack the nearby player instead... The result: that poor player dies immediately (unless playing zerker or medic of course) and invariably has no idea what just happened to them or that I'm watching and giggling about it because someone other than me got black-swanned for a change

Perhaps it was done to make the overall pace faster just a couple of years ago when the game was far less complex and much easier, but it's too much now and even though most players simply don't notice what's going on behind the curtains, those of us who have hearing and awareness strong enough to be able to _hear_ exactly where every zed is coming from no matter how chaotic the wave is... It's pretty obvious to us that we're being cheesed by the game when for example a trio of husks spawn around a corner—in mid air because it's a bad spawn area or whatever—and audibly make that ridiculous cartoony sound they make when they've been airborne and landed on something. When I used to play quite a lot last year I found some spots where you could jiggle around a corner and eventually see a squad of 6 zeds appear in the middle of an empty room if you timed it right, but perhaps it was tweaked just enough to not be _that_ obviously broken

The money situation is another great point and also why I have to wonder what's going through their minds sometimes... It's bad to the point where if I've started say a 10 wave HOE with one or two players, and then another couple of players join for wave 2, it's pretty much guaranteed that either we're all dead or that I'll effectively have to play with the expectation that I'll be clearing the wave on my own once they're all dead (IE, instead of making sacrifices so that I can sub them enough money for a T2, I'm maxing out my deagle ammo and hopefully have enough left for a 101 to keep the economically-crippled new joiners alive long enough for them to have a measurable impact before they get EDARed)

As if it weren't already a bad enough idea to take away the incentive to share money unless you're effectively buying heals from a medic, some of the upgrades are laughably poor as well as sh!t expensive... The zwei has been a worse weapon than the katana for a _long_ time, and now its upgrades give 5% extra damage each for a small fortune? Why would I do that when I can just upgrade my crovel with damage that actually has an impact instead? I've literally ran around in a few recent games with spartan / butcher / parry / smash so that when my mando drops a nice zed time headshot combo I can charge straight into to a group of fleshpounds and begin sawing their heads off with the damn starter weapon! Meanwhile the upgrades for some weapons like the DBS and the pulv are nothing but a waste of money for those who haven't looked at the stats... You're just paying to be slower, and speed is one of the only things that can keep you alive in the new just-play-an-open-map-and-run-for-your-life meta

The weapon drop / trader problem is a bad one too... There are maps like Manor and Hostile which simply ain't worth playing because a bad wave can mean being trolled by a trader that's underground and then it's often GG. Perhaps weapons could be sent back to the trader instead of dematerialising when they de-spawn from the map and then I don't have to risk my ass cycling them whenever I'm on a rescue mission. The whole get-to-the-trader thing always seemed like a pointless bunch of bull**** to me anyway, just another reason to keep warping my pinky by holding down sprint constantly rather than getting a break for a minute, but I guess the KF1 nostalgists won't have it being gotten rid of so perhaps extend the trader time to 90 seconds or something now that it can be skipped...

Shame, such a great game in many ways, and so great for practising the kind of raw aim and reflexes and critical thinking that close quarters shooters like those all need. The changes I'd like to see are:

1. Less contrived / more transparent spawning (even if it means that more zeds can be spawned at once)
2. Fixed hitscans so that the deagle and magnum can penetrate corpses just as well as the nail gun or med shotgun (please someone else back me up on this)
3. I'd love a fix for the way zeds can Pac-Man around 90 degree corners without slowing down but I'd settle for some of them making a little more noise if that's hard owe to game engine limitations
4. Class balance, and I mean real balance... I don't care how much damage mando's backup 9mm does, why are medic and zerker still OP? Medic's been OP since day zero; can't be that hard to deal with surely? Medic can syringe himself every 2 seconds and vampire basically makes zerker idiot-proof on its own without any of the rest and that's why the meta in the beta has shifted _back_ towards those two being stacked... Either they need to be a little weaker or other classes all slightly stronger or else preferably both
5. Weapon balance... I tend to think the weapon upgrade system could be okay with a few tweaks till it can be made more comprehensive, perhaps toned down $ values and perhaps permanent upgrades that can be bought and sold separately (a medic will quite obviously rage-quit now if they die holding their pistol and RIP a fully upgraded shotgun and assault rifle)

I'd really love to just see some basic things for #5, like zerker speed applied to the nail gun, boomstick nerf reverted but make it T3 and the M4 T2, M16 either buffed or relegated to T2... Basic things that ought to have been changed years ago and would make 3 rather useless weapons (vlad, m4, m16/m203) suddenly viable.

From what I've picked up from others what they really want is:

1. Respectable loading times
2. Endless mode without these retarded Binding of Isaac curses (people tend to prefer to disconnect at the beginning of a wave rather than try to play melee against zeds that are made out of dynamite and I don't think it should take an off-the-charts IQ to work out why that's just piss poor gameplay)
3. The robots seem to have rustled a great deal of jimmies... I honestly don't mind them now that they can't freeze you through half the map... Forget the above, being pinned up against a wall face first so that I can't even parry the scrake that's trying to cornhole me... THAT'S about as bad as gameplay gets! I'd say perhaps halve their general numbers and perhaps create a robot boss (I think most would agree that general zeds have too _much_ variety whereas bosses have too _little_)
4. Reload cancelling, don't use it so don't care but I think decreasing reload times and also weapon switch times across the board would make the game feel less clumsy if the increased difficulty and faster pace are there to stay
5. I think a couple of extra difficulties will sort out the big elephant-in-the-room problem that KF2 has where players simply feel as if they have every right to play HOE because they're level 25 now or else they could just about handle it a year ago when they played last... I honestly don't mind carrying games as long as a) players aren't toxic and b) the game engine isn't trying to troll my game and waste my time with yet another never-seen-before black swan event every single step of the way and the vast majority of the time it's owe to contrived "ha ha you're dead now" spawns... I don't mind dying if I miss a key shot or make a poor decision but to make no mistakes and still be forced to die... I do not miss that about KF2

Now honestly, I'm not a game developer, but I've been writing code both for business and pleasure for almost 20 years so I'm not a complete idiot either... I know for a _fact_ that if I were to sit down with one of the developers over the weekend with a few beers probably half of those changes could be made in an afternoon, a couple of others after grabbing a bite, and then maybe loading time optimisation and an EDAR boss get left with you guys to deal with over June... So what's the problem? Where are the excuses? If you don't care then fine but if you want the players back who left in the last month then I just made it _real_ easy for you

Upvote 0
A couple of things:
1. Corpses blocking shots, I don't mind it as this is what I'd expect a corpse to do. For a semi-realism effect it would be nice if the zeds had to go over corpses instead of through them which would stop crawlers from using them as cover as was mentioned it a post earlier in the thread. Of course that would mean that players would have go over them too and that would make moving a running, climbing, jumping mess so I'm good with moving through corpses.
2. Robot Boss, armored opponents require armor piercing ammunition to be effective, that's part of why the EDARs make no sense in the game. Their armor would render anything less than a main battle rifle useless. Pistol calibers (MP5, MAC10, Kriss as examples) would do nothing to their armor. For example bullets bounce off of a siren's bra, how does that same bullet destroy an EDAR?. Take that up to Boss level and how would you expect to do any damage with anything less than a RPG?

I too opted out of the Beta and took the Beta off my server.

Upvote 0
SrPollo;n2320855 said:
A couple of things:
1. Corpses blocking shots, I don't mind it as this is what I'd expect a corpse to do. For a semi-realism effect it would be nice if the zeds had to go over corpses instead of through them which would stop crawlers from using them as cover as was mentioned it a post earlier in the thread. Of course that would mean that players would have go over them too and that would make moving a running, climbing, jumping mess so I'm good with moving through corpses.
2. Robot Boss, armored opponents require armor piercing ammunition to be effective, that's part of why the EDARs make no sense in the game. Their armor would render anything less than a main battle rifle useless. Pistol calibers (MP5, MAC10, Kriss as examples) would do nothing to their armor. For example bullets bounce off of a siren's bra, how does that same bullet destroy an EDAR?. Take that up to Boss level and how would you expect to do any damage with anything less than a RPG?

I too opted out of the Beta and took the Beta off my server.

Sadly these suggestions whilst interesting will lead to no action and here's why (tldr you're looking to convolute the situation _more_ instead of less):

1. I already pointed out that there're probably game engine limitations around corpses. They probably aren't even zed objects anymore with properties such as penetration resistance etc once dead sadly. But if corpses could all have a resistance of 1 rather than 1000 I think that would do nicely. That's what other players have and _that's_ why annoying guys who stand right in front of you can block your 401 or your SCAR but only lower the damage of your shotguns slightly. Hell there's probably a graphical environment setting that can just switch them off and so one could perhaps exploit that to evade being trolled by giblets, but I like having the graphics on max. To effectively have corpses become part of the terrain though... Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see that but I doubt it could be implemented, at least not easily. I remember there being talk of crawlers being able to scale walls and ceilings a couple of years ago but that never happened either... At this point I think it's clear that they need to focus on spending an hour here and there on some quick wins to get rid of annoying deal-breakers rather than letting the tail wag the dog for another several years
2. I don't think there's any value in pedanticisms oriented around realism and it's because where do you draw the line? Are magic green crates realistic? Is an 80kg reverend in a suit shrugging off a chainsaw swing or haymaker from a 1000lbs fleshpound realistic? I think many of you just don't like robots being in the game full stop and are looking for all kinds of reasons to resent their addition, and whilst I can see exactly why even if I ain't a KF1 purist, I feel it's unlikely that TWI would put all those months into shining up their pixels to just cut their losses and delete them afterwards. Again, don't get me wrong, I'm indifferent to their presence... Perhaps they could be un-nerfed and promoted to a late game big zed alternative to scrakes and fleshpounds so that they're rarer, and perhaps a Patty-like half robot boss could be added later to bridge the gap between them and the zeds. Part 1 could be changed in an afternoon and part 2 can come over summer; sounds like another compromise that the developers ought to be happy to settle for as well as the veterans

Upvote 0
After the BETA, a decrease in the number of players in the last 30 days may already be observed. Look at the link:

http://steamcharts.com/app/232090#1m

Another interesting comparison to observe, KF1 and KF2

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/1250,232090#All

The graphic speaks very clearly! In the launch of the first beta, it had a small increase of players and then it was diminishing. Even after the release of the second beta so far, there was no increase and the number of players dropped to less than it was before the beta. Conclusion, some are already leaving the game and did not even bother to check the second beta.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SrPollo;n2320859 said:
Fine. Say that I'm pedantic, and I'll say that you are vainglorious and loquacious. :)

I also made the example of bullets bouncing off the metal of the siren's bra. That's an in game comparison of metallic properties and shows the lack of consistency in the game.

I'm not here to win popularity contests or play politics with salty gamers who have no idea what they're talking about. :)

I really don't care how you or anybody else here judges me for what I've said, unfortunately KF2 is in a sorry state as you can see and if it has to be me who tells idiots to shut up and drop the real truth bombs regarding how it is and be blasted for it then fine, as long as something gets done and the game's more enjoyable for everyone then I'll wear being high-roaded by insecure hecklers as a badge of honour

Everything I've said is well-measured and carries legit difficult-to-acquire info that someone who's stretched the game to its limits has put together through 20 years gaming and 1k hours actually spent trying to improve at KF2 constantly rather than just dick around and flame my team when I die, but right-o I'll take anyone who ignores my points and gets personal as a surrender from you and anybody else who wants to waste my time adding no value to the topic whatsoever

Upvote 0
Just wanna put my two cents here in regards to the 'fixing' of the reload bash cancel. I feel that a better way to address this 'bug' would be instead of having a cooldown from bash where you literally can't do anything, to, rather, alter the amount of time it takes for your ammo/clip counter to reset. There are many times in heated situations where one needs to do something very quickly after a bash to survive, and not being able to do ANYTHING for seemingly forever after a bash makes me feel very handicapped..

Also, I (and I'm sure I am not alone here) am a reload maniac. Many times I reload before my clip is depleted. Sometimes while reloading, I will get surprised by something and need to cancel to quickly shoot up the last few rounds in my clip. It is now faster to switch weapons in this situation than it is to wait for the bash cooldown (obv gunslinger always switched weapons faster). This is probably just more of an annoyance now...

So, in summary. If TWI is set on fixing the reload 'bug' I would suggest to just increase the amount of time it takes the ammo counter to reset to align with the reload animation ending. I feel bash can and should still be a viable way to cancel something - but now I feel punished for bashing.

Upvote 0
phmarj;n2320862 said:
The graphic speaks very clearly! In the launch of the first beta, it had a small increase of players and then it was diminishing. Even after the release of the second beta so far, there was no increase and the number of players dropped to less than it was before the beta. Conclusion, some are already leaving the game and did not even bother to check the second beta.

200.gif

Upvote 0
phmarj;n2320862 said:

> Numbers return to pre-beta baseline levels
> "Oh no game is dying"

------------------

On a side note, if TWI play their cards right by introducing these changes slowly alongside some in-game lore (to go with the EDARs, for example, it was not made clear in-game that they were reprogrammed to be hostile), I think players would be less perturbed. Personally, I think it is nice the KF world is evolving.

Reactions: XVVajra
Upvote 0
ShingoMurata;n2320865 said:
I'm not here to win popularity contests or play politics with salty gamers who have no idea what they're talking about. :)

I really don't care how you or anybody else here judges me for what I've said, unfortunately KF2 is in a sorry state as you can see and if it has to be me who tells idiots to shut up and drop the real truth bombs regarding how it is and be blasted for it then fine, as long as something gets done and the game's more enjoyable for everyone then I'll wear being high-roaded by insecure hecklers as a badge of honour

Everything I've said is well-measured and carries legit difficult-to-acquire info that someone who's stretched the game to its limits has put together through 20 years gaming and 1k hours actually spent trying to improve at KF2 constantly rather than just dick around and flame my team when I die, but right-o I'll take anyone who ignores my points and gets personal as a surrender from you and anybody else who wants to waste my time adding no value to the topic whatsoever

Since you attacked me first, I'll take that as your surrender. Hah, take that!
Dude, get over yourself. You are so vested in your own opinions you see people attacking you that are not.
Frankly, you amuse me.

Reactions: Bluntman420
Upvote 0
SrPollo;n2320875 said:
Since you attacked me first, I'll take that as your surrender. Hah, take that!
Dude, get over yourself. You are so vested in your own opinions you see people attacking you that are not.
Frankly, you amuse me.

Cool bory stro...

Anyway back on topic, again I fundamentally like your ideas like I said, but #1 is a maybe for KF3 if there ever is one, and #2 the robots are likely there to stay like it or not... Take it or leave it

If only toxic children would stop shitposting here maybe the developers would actually pay attention to this forum once in a while... Good job worsening the signal-to-noise ratio around here with these daddy issue zero value posts mate, keep up the good work

Upvote 0
ShingoMurata;n2320852 said:
The money situation is another great point and also why I have to wonder what's going through their minds sometimes... It's bad to the point where if I've started say a 10 wave HOE with one or two players, and then another couple of players join for wave 2, it's pretty much guaranteed that either we're all dead or that I'll effectively have to play with the expectation that I'll be clearing the wave on my own once they're all dead (IE, instead of making sacrifices so that I can sub them enough money for a T2, I'm maxing out my deagle ammo and hopefully have enough left for a 101 to keep the economically-crippled new joiners alive long enough for them to have a measurable impact before they get EDARed)

As if it weren't already a bad enough idea to take away the incentive to share money unless you're effectively buying heals from a medic, some of the upgrades are laughably poor as well as sh!t expensive... The zwei has been a worse weapon than the katana for a _long_ time, and now its upgrades give 5% extra damage each for a small fortune? Why would I do that when I can just upgrade my crovel with damage that actually has an impact instead? I've literally ran around in a few recent games with spartan / butcher / parry / smash so that when my mando drops a nice zed time headshot combo I can charge straight into to a group of fleshpounds and begin sawing their heads off with the damn starter weapon! Meanwhile the upgrades for some weapons like the DBS and the pulv are nothing but a waste of money for those who haven't looked at the stats... You're just paying to be slower, and speed is one of the only things that can keep you alive in the new just-play-an-open-map-and-run-for-your-life meta

The weapon drop / trader problem is a bad one too... There are maps like Manor and Hostile which simply ain't worth playing because a bad wave can mean being trolled by a trader that's underground and then it's often GG. Perhaps weapons could be sent back to the trader instead of dematerialising when they de-spawn from the map and then I don't have to risk my *** cycling them whenever I'm on a rescue mission. The whole get-to-the-trader thing always seemed like a pointless bunch of bull**** to me anyway, just another reason to keep warping my pinky by holding down sprint constantly rather than getting a break for a minute, but I guess the KF1 nostalgists won't have it being gotten rid of so perhaps extend the trader time to 90 seconds or something now that it can be skipped...

I was actually gonna add a comment about people who join in on later waves, too.
Because a huge amount of your money is "per zed" these people who join a server post-wave-4 or something are so boned, since they will not have killed any zeds and won't be able to afford tier 2+ stuff.
On top of that, because the game scales both the number of zeds and the health of the big zeds based on the number of players, the people who were in from the beginning get ****ed too, because not only are the new people not going to be able to pull their weight, often times the new people die and then leave the server, leaving the original people to deal with the extra zeds.
****, decent players will even give these late-joiners some of their cash, but they'll ****ing die and all of it will evaporate anyway.
Seriously, the money system needs to be completely re-worked because it works so damn poorly.
I have no idea how any dev who actually cares about the game could think that this system is fine.

I think the trader system is just another product of lazy gameplay design. No doubt some of the devs realized that players tend to camp in the more open spots to have a better chance, so the random trader pod is just a lazy *** way to get players to move elsewhere.
Same thing goes with this dumb "stand your ground" ****, that gives you pitiful amounts of money anyway.. to tempt bad players into ****ing deathtraps, leaving the more competent ones to deal with their mistakes.

Another lazy gameplay design feature that I alluded to before: why the hell do the big zeds' health scale with the damn number of people? Do the devs not realize that this obviously presents a barrier to good weapon balance?
I rarely play solo, but sometimes I'll join an empty server to try to populate it, and I'm ****ing OP because I can instakill a scrake with like 3 well-placed head shots from a Desert Eagle.
Then the server gets populated and the same gun that used to destroy scrake heads all of a sudden becomes a ****ing pea-shooter. What the hell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SrPollo;n2320855 said:
A couple of things:

You clearly missed part of his point. If a projectile goes through a live zed, why the hell should it be stopped completely by the corpse after the same zed gets killed?

Upvote 0
Lt.Fenix;n2320882 said:
You clearly missed part of his point. If a projectile goes through a live zed, why the hell should it be stopped completely by the corpse after the same zed gets killed?

Bingo

I expect many players aren't technical enough to realise how the pen system works and therefore why it's still beneficial for a support to have extra beyond 8 for example or whatever a regular shotgun has with a lvl 25 support (having 10 instead of 8 means that a gorefast, whose pen resistance is 2, will take away 20% of the projectile damage once it's gone through them rather than 25% when it was 2/8)

The community seems to be so rotten now that folks just can't wait to be given any old reason to flame other players, and I know it's another elephant-in-the-room topic that nobody wants to touch, but I see it everywhere and I feel it's echoed in this forum. For the last maybe 18 months of playing KF2 I've made a point of watching other players carefully—especially in times where we're in trouble and everyone's mostly preoccupied with their own immediate survival (IE when it's least expected)—and some of the things I've watched with my own eyes have to be seen to be believed. Mostly it's guys getting in trouble in situations they ought to be able to handle easily enough, and usually I can tell just by watching those players that they can't hear ambushes coming till they've already lost health, lose focus if more than one big zed is present, don't know how to parry fleshpounds with the knife, won't syringe other players even after being healed, forget to use their grenades when they panic, reload at stupid times, blah blah blah... Which I don't mind, but I _do_ mind it when I then see those guys proceed to blame somebody else for their uselessness—often chosen at random, but much of the time it's either the medic or else simply a much better player than them whose presence they resent—because sadly much of the time whoever they blame is confused and the troll stirs up trouble successfully all because the target didn't spot that it's an idiot who doesn't belong there.

To be clear, I really don't mind who I play with as long as they're friendly and want to try and have fun without getting nasty... Do that and I'll pocket medic for you if you want and go to any lengths to keep you alive and help you farm XP. But you guys who _think_ you can lift and blame whoever's nearest to you every time you ditch the bar... Shame on you

If it comes across as elitism or snobbery on my part then fine, but I'm telling you 100% that unfortunately entitled players going on HOE just because it was easy a couple of years ago is a large problem... You won't find many players who will hold their hand up and say yep sorry I derped a scrake take-down and _that's_ why half of us died, or yep I'm rusty and the game's harder now so I'll lower the difficulty till I can properly handle HOE without ruining games by being a liability... There sure are plenty of mouthpieces though

Upvote 0
Lt.Fenix;n2320882 said:

I was not countering his point. I was stating an opinion, that it didn't bother me. It wasn't a disagreement, it wasn't about me being right or whomever being wrong, it wasn't about him. You may notice that I did not quote his post and instead made a generic reference, that was deliberate.

I was stating that I expect corpses to block shots. Bullets don't go through teammates in the game so why would they go through corpses? I'm guilty of not considering shotgun pellets penetrating where bullets do not or of every perk and every skill for that perk. The example I had in mind was Bloat bodies, they appear big enough to block bullets and they certainly do when the Bloat is alive so I'd expect them to block bullets when dead.

Corpses blocking shots isn't a big deal to me and it is to him. Armor penetration is a bigger deal to me and it it seems that it isn't for him, opinions...

Upvote 0
ShingoMurata;n2320891 said:
If it comes across as elitism or snobbery on my part then fine, but I'm telling you 100% that unfortunately entitled players going on HOE just because it was easy a couple of years ago is a large problem... You won't find many players who will hold their hand up and say yep sorry I derped a scrake take-down and _that's_ why half of us died, or yep I'm rusty and the game's harder now so I'll lower the difficulty till I can properly handle HOE without ruining games by being a liability... There sure are plenty of mouthpieces though

I'm with you on this. So what we (my group of steam friends) do is to put up our own servers. There's a handy mod that kicks players below a configurable perk level. We use another to raise the difficulty by allowing more zeds on the map at one time. We typically run them as 12 player servers.

Also as the server owner/admin you can kick or ban players as you choose for whatever reason. The players that fit our style stay and some become friends and eventually server admins as well.

Putting up a server is pretty easy, heck you can just rent one if you don't want it in your house. It doesn't take much to run a 6 player server, pretty much any 5yr old or newer pc with 4GB memory can do it.

Upvote 0
Shots _do_ go through teammates as explained before as long as their penetration is higher than 1, and the damage reduction is (pen - 1) / pen, so 50% for the deagle, 33% for the swagnum, ...

I believe a bloat's resistance is higher at 3 as you'd expect so you need a support or a railgun to smash through them but likewise a crawler as you'd expect has only 0.5

Yet another worthless post:
1. Screaming about irrelevant inconsistencies whilst ignoring fundamental ones
2. Stating more facts that are simply wrong and confusing for newer players lurking here
3. No value in your post once more just more trolling aimed at me even you're doing your best to disguise it as warranted high-roading

Keep them coming, 10/10 for effort 👌🏻

Upvote 0
SrPollo;n2320895 said:
I'm with you on this. So what we (my group of steam friends) do is to put up our own servers. There's a handy mod that kicks players below a configurable perk level. We use another to raise the difficulty by allowing more zeds on the map at one time. We typically run them as 12 player servers.

Also as the server owner/admin you can kick or ban players as you choose for whatever reason. The players that fit our style stay and some become friends and eventually server admins as well.

Putting up a server is pretty easy, heck you can just rent one if you don't want it in your house. It doesn't take much to run a 6 player server, pretty much any 5yr old or newer pc with 4GB memory can do it.

Ah finally a sincere post. Well in that case maybe you can appreciate why I've had enough of foolish players and cut me a break?

I only just started playing again this year and seriously man in one of my first games I was flamed over voice constantly for the thick end of an hour...

Typical scrub who lost position at the beginning of wave 3 to weak trash and ended up backing into a bloat with some gorefiends or whatever pinning him up against it... He just flat out panicked and flapped around like a fish whilst the bloat chopped his arms off, and he quite visibly had no awareness of what anybody else was doing at the time or that I was actually healing him and was even tempted to jump into the brawl to bail him out even though it was clearly too late and they would probably have did me as well...

Guy decides it's my fault and proceeds to scream at me down mic every wave after he dies 30 seconds in and 5 minutes later I'm the last one alive trying to keep the dropped weapons fresh and all that jazz... Absolute nightmare and it was a miracle I got that game to the boss which luckily they managed to deal with

I have no choice really but to assume that those kinds of people come onto this forum from time to time as well so if somebody's flooding me with irrelevant posts with no / inaccurate information and personal jibes designed to project toxicity onto me and tempt others to join in I'll just have to assume it's bait and giggle at it

That guy would have been happy to see the others join in flaming me and even kick me probably even though they wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes and it was all for no reason other than that he didn't like having the zeds make a ***** out of him so unfortunately it looks to me like trolls have still managed to up their game since last year

Upvote 0