• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Sideshow 2018: Treacherous Skies!

At least I now got a reason to not play this game as much as I used too anymore.
I am not crying about the reload cancel fix, that I am thankfull for and the game got more kite based in certain situations. What are absolute no-goes still for me are E.D.A.R.S the unnessesary upgrade system as well as the prestige everyone I came across so far seem to already bypassed somehow :thinkingface: ...

I feel like there were to many wasted resources put towards wrong areas of the game instead of refining its core.

For instance since the parry is no more instant and the reload cancle is nerfed or gone on the most OP weapons I feel like a little faster ZEDs and some legacy moves from the beta such as the FP spin would have balanced the game in a nice way to make it bit more challenging in HoE. Nerfing the ammo value and removing the spx as crossperk would have benefit the game more then the current implementation. While I get the idea of loadout choices I simply don't see a reason why a tier4 winchester is almost as strong as an spx...
On the one end we are closing a long lasting construction site what was the Rail that now somewhat became the M99. Give player choices but the ammo count on this thing is ridicilous still. Before we had the M99 there were tons of potential suggested fixes to make the Rail a skill based gun. Such as an active charging by holding M1 for a set ammount of seconds before its shoots its projectile. If M1 was held for too long the bullet could deviate a tiny bit so the player actually had to trace a head while going for the perfect dmg HS.

So what has been effectivly killed with this update? The entire balancing aspect that the core game had before we had xperk weapons. If we just had reworked some xperk weapons based on OP strats, it would have been perfect imho. As for the Zerk I can see why so many players whine about it but its something to adaptable. If the goal was to make it a challange again to parry instead of blocking damage why haven't you guys tried to minimize the frames that are blockable?

I don't want to go through all of this again.

Anyways GE GE

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Update on my latest games; in the last 24 hours I have seen...

Umpteen groups of fleshpounds and quarterpounds spawn 2 metres away around a tight corner (yep, big groups, pre-raged, already sprinting when they hit the floor)
There seems to be a new problem when one is hit by fleshpounds as the shunting now seems prone to causing rubber-banding so severe that yesterday I was dragged from one side of a door that I'd just closed to the other side where I was of course subsequently raped for my troubles (this was whilst solo on a server with 32 ping...)
As usual about 10% of the players I encounter on HOE are able to handle it and the others require babysitting either from a medic or me
My server list at noon European time today consisted of one guy on endless (who fortunately was decent) or else one SuperXpFarming whatever (all others empty or 100+ ping)
EDAR bomber splash damage appears to be ludicrously high—especially after your armour's all been jipped off of you—so that probably goes aways to explain how they're so OP when carpet-bombing from rooftop spawns

The intention of the rubber-banding issue appears to be to hold one down for _just_ long enough to ensure that a fleshpound can triple-hit you from 100hp to 0hp all in one combo so as to be as infuriating for experienced players as possible

I've also been keeping a keen eye on teleportations when I'm the last one alive and sure enough the instant I turn to deal a few headshots on the army behind me a crawler or stalker has been strategically placed behind me in order to maximise my chances of being cucked even when it looks like it's all over (this might be fun for casuals playing normal or hard who don't realise they're being cheesed by the game; however for a decent player having to "bait out" teleportations by turning one's back in order to lure the backstab it's just plain ANNOYING)

My sense of humour is long gone now as far as these problems are concerned... Classic Tripwire: leave the boomstick and a few others OP for 3 years, buff the zeds considerably, and nerf those once OP weapons now that they're actually balanced...

That's so intellectually crippled that it just _seriously_ isn't clear whether you guys are trolling or just braindead

Last edited:
Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0
I think I may have figured out what all the hullabaloo about parrying is...

I just came out of a game where I observed the following dichotomy:

Mid-way through a wave, with chaos everywhere and my team all lit up, I _still_ had the confidence to shield a teammate by dropping a parry on a raged fleshpound even after glancing down at 10hp health... Result: my HP dropped to 3, the fleshpound de-raged, and the situation deescalated... Great, as expected

At the end of the SAME WAVE, one zed left... Another fleshpound that had just chased down and murdered a support... On 60-something HP, I charge it fearlessly, only to have another well-timed parry reponded to with the gift of instant death :)

Now I can see why that problem might be a hard one to spot or explain... I'm not even sure what _exactly_ happened other than that my parry was ignored and that my health melted INSTANTY to zero with no stepping stones

My guess is that many zerkers simply won't know there's an inconsistency there because with all the random **** going on in the middle of a given wave it can be tough to ascertain where any specific damage has come from, but the above is incriminating enough for me to now agree that parrying has a problem somewhere 100%

Upvote 0
I see the melee > shoot (reload cancel) is still out ... instead of breaking that mechanic for all perks ... why not separate the reload animation for the gunslinger (or any dual wielded pistol) into 2 separate loads ... 1 clip fills then the other ... then if the animation is broken, they only loaded 1/2

atm ... i can gun butt to the face but not recover in enough time B4 zed time is over, or for a shot to the zed Bhind the one i just melle'd. so if u wanted to kill the reload quick interrupt for Gslingers u didn't .. it still works good and prolly makes them the class to play atm. since all other perks are at a loss for melee > shoot as a tactic not an exploit.

And instead of EDARS ... why not finish up the line-up of elite zeds 1st ... like sirens, husks, pounders, & scrackes ... u want to make the game harder for peeps who think HoE isn't hard (which it is, we have just gotten so good at the game that it just seems easy now, to the elitist (i have all the achievements) but to a casual lover of the game it is hard) ... i'd say if the zeds are clones not zombies then why not use player model clones as enemies ... why robots (just cause u thought, hey we got DAR lets just rework him?) but u got all these clone-able humans to work with already.

EDIT: also EDARS don't grab zed aggro like they should ... if a husk burns, bloats pukes on a zed, or a gorefiend spins on another zed ... they seem to get the attention and dmg from said zed ... but EDARS don't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Tripwire. :)
It would be great if the AA12 has a reduced base weight as well. The Eviscerator got its base weight reduced. i believe that AA12 isnt even that heavy. The boomstick (double-barreled classic) uses 12ga iirc, why reduce it to 12 then? Please bring it back to 12. After playing the game again, the boomstick felt kinda meh now. Just a thought. Thanks for the great update(s).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hegyeri;n2321349 said:
How good it is that in an official forum no one ever answers the question! :( Pathetic staff... no wonder the popularity of the game decreases.

I'm not thrilled about this update, but lashing out at the staff directly is a bit unnecessary.

Hopefully we start seeing some feedback this week, since there are quite a few things players seem to be sharing that they dislike in this update.

Reactions: Bluntman420
Upvote 0
I have a feeling the situation this game is currently in is similar to when World of Warcraft added a stamina system to exp rates that would diminish if players played for too long. Everyone hated it because Blizz was taking something away from them so Blizz reworded the system to be giving you a temporary exp boost each day instead. The numbers didn't change but the attitudes did as the players were much happier about it.

Now in KF2 players want a more difficult HoE so TWI weakened the most used and powerful tools in order to increase the difficulty without touching the already controversial zed spawning and conductor systems. Players get in an uproar over it because something's been taken away despite TWI giving them exactly what they wanted- more difficulty without zed spawning/conductor mechanics becoming more BS than they arguably already are. Maybe the wording of these changes should've been different and it would've been received completely differently, and that could've been the entire point of the upgrade system.

And damn right you aren't going to see the devs in this thread at this time- the community has grown quite contentious and a dev popping their head in here would probably only give players a target for their anger. Not to mention what do TWI even have to say for themselves? They gave players what they wanted and probably knew they wouldn't be happy about it. If they weren't already certain about that fact it was probably confirmed when the betas for the update went out and received a mountain of negative feedback.

At this point they can revert the changes and look for other ways to make HoE harder or be silent and wait for the rage to blow over because HoE is harder now, mission accomplished. I don't know which they'll choose (they could do something different too) but they definitely haven't stopped listening to the playerbase.

Upvote 0
I never asked for it to be harder though. It was fine the way it was for me. When I see something like an upgrade system being added I expect the game to get easier as you upgrade as in I expect myself to become more powerful. I mean 1500 dosh for an upgrade should warrant something like that. Calling it an upgrade system was dumb because its just getting you back to where you were before the update. Not really an upgrade system. I think increasing the zed count per wave would have worked just fine. That's just me though.

Also most of the time you can't fully upgrade your favorite weapons because of the weight gain. For example I love using dual desert eagles and dual 500 magnums with Gunslinger. But I can only upgrade the DE's once if I want to upgrade the 500 magnums. So the desert eagles never get back to their original damage rate prior to the last patch unless I don't upgrade the 500 magnums. Which is stupid because then they won't be as strong as they were before the patch. It's a crap move to nerf people's favorite loadouts to pander to people who wanted a tougher experience. Which wasn't everybody.

Last edited:
Upvote 0