• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Side Show is coming!

2 out of 3 of my Linux servers fail to run after the update

2 out of 3 of my Linux servers fail to run after the update

I just updated 3 of my servers . One is up and running ok.

The other two give me this messsage when starting up.

Code:
The file '../Textures/KF_Soldier6_Trip_T.utx' contains unrecognizable data
Failed to load 'KF_Soldier6_Trip_T': Aborted
Failed to load 'kf_gore_trip_sm': Aborted
Failed to load 'ROEffects': Aborted
This repeats itself 20 times until it ends with:
Code:
Browse: KF-BioticsLab.rom?Name=KFPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lewis?team=1?Sex=M?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker
The file '../Textures/KF_Soldier6_Trip_T.utx' contains unrecognizable data
Failed to load 'KF_Soldier6_Trip_T': Aborted
Failed to load 'kf_gore_trip_sm': Aborted
Failed to load 'ROEffects': Aborted
Failed to load 'Old2k4': Aborted
Failed to load 'KFMod': Aborted
Failed to load 'KF-BioticsLab.rom': Aborted
Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Aborted
Failed to enter KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker: Aborted
Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Failed to enter KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker: Aborted

History:

Exiting due to error
Exiting.
FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 32 MByte 111 KByte 109 Bytes from HD took 0.342842 seconds (0.091811 reading, 0.251031 seeking).
FileManager: 0.000000 seconds spent with misc. duties
Name subsystem shut down

I made backups prior to upgrading so I thought something must've gone wrong during the update. So I restored the two servers from the backups and tried to update them again. Unfortunately, the problem persists.

Any ideas on how to fix this Tripwire?
They've worked perfectly before prior to the update. :(

EDIT: I took the non-corrupted KF_Soldier6_Trip_T.utx file from the textures folder from the server that was working and copied it to the ones that weren't. It seems to have worked. It's up and running.

I'd like to know which steam command line switch one is supposed to use to check the integrity of the files on a dedicated server. If anyone know please let me know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0