• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Suicidal, 100% FF, More Specimen

JCashman

Nov 11, 2009
Maximum Difficulty Server.
100% Friendly Fire
Suicidal
Increased Specimen Spawn. (64)
Level 5+ Perk Only.
Central Time Zone.

Run by Johnyfive, the server has quite a few regulars, but it could always use a few more.

IP: 174.34.176.10:7707

Last edited:
Johnyfive and I got most of our achievements on this map. The only map we haven't beat is icebreaker.

Since it's mostly randoms and not regulars, if your group has 3 good players, the first 6 rounds are easy. You can usually tell in advance if your group is going to die on the Fleshpound rounds if the other players are only borderline cooperating. For an example, on a recent icebreaker attempt, we died on wave 9 because two players who were medic were not with the main group, were not healing, and were using m79's to, I hope accidentally, enrage Fleshpounds. Until that point though, the other players were able to manage.

However, if you get a group where every player will listen, and most importantly, limit movement to the absolute minimum, you can breeze through several maps in a row.

Upvote 0
However, if you get a group where every player will listen, and most importantly, limit movement to the absolute minimum, you can breeze through several maps in a row.

Good luck finding such group, unless everyone is part of some friendly group or actually have experience on FF servers. It's lower than snowball's chance in hell but who knows :p

I gotta give the server ago someday.

Upvote 0
I play here and love it. It is challenging and I love the "hostage headshots" (shooting an inch past a teammate's head to kill the gorefast he doesn't see rushing him). I am busy with college, so I don't have as much time to play KF as I would like. I love FF servers in general, and wish there were more.

On Johnyfive's server though, we get the idiot that will spray the team or decide to throw grenades into the trader on wave 7.

Upvote 0
People will be surprised how easy friendly fire is with less players than 6 players as long as there's a liberal dosage of common sense equipped. Friendly fire with 6 players is the ultimate challenge. That's when everyone tends to dig in, stops bunny hoping and line dancing and check their fire. That's also when the bullets are zipping by your ears in all directions! I am amazed more people do not embrace FF. It makes the game as fresh as if it was released yesterday (as long as you have a good selection of stock and community maps).

Upvote 0
I've been playing on this server a while now, and I'm one of the admins.

The 10% clear is about right. If your group is good, is does not feel that way at all, as you can easily clear several maps in a row without breaking a sweat. The problem is that this server is open to everyone (level 5 and above). This isn't always a bad thing, as they are some amazing players out there, and you always need new players to replace the ones that leave. However, not every player is equal in terms of skill, and most importantly in Friendly Fire games, teamwork.

It only takes one bad apple to ruin a good attempt. The few players who put themselves before the team, and believe they are hot shots because they are getting the most kills. The players that refuse to stay with the group, because they get more action out in front. The players who think that getting the last few kills in a wave when everyone is heading towards the trader makes them the best. The players who stand slightly in the way, so that the experienced players behind will not actually hit them, but they end up limiting shots. These are the types of players who will lead to group wipes, and they won't even know they are doing so. Since they are never "actively" the cause of a wipe, it is hard for them to see they are the reason their team dies.

Ideally, the best group would find a good firing position, and then never move. They would leave the last 5-10 specimen up, head to the trader, and kill them when right in front of the trader door. They would limit specs that are less than ideal, based on the map. This is the hardest one, as people enjoy playing certain specs, even if it is not "the best." I don't fault people for this one, but sometimes, if you want to win, you shouldn't be the 2nd or 3rd or even the FIRST medic on a team that takes 0 damage. You shouldn't be a support on a map that 90% of the specimen don't make it close enough to shoot. You shouldn't be a demo if the area you are shooting blocks line of sight for everyone. I'm not saying these specs are always bad, but in certain situations, they are. Accept this. If you realize you are not pulling your weight, change spec.

Upvote 0