• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad suggestions! Looking for a server/clan that does teamwork..

NightRunner42

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 26, 2012
I started playing killing floor about a month ago and I love the game, I've logged about 60 hours and I'm level 4 Sharp/Commando and I am a TEAM player. I'll tank for others if I see the need, whether to keep them from dying or to protect the sharp so he can take down the FP/scrake, I try to use teamchat and work with others, either by giving instructions, money, or just following requests from other team mates. With that said;

I am getting very tired of playing games where a level 6 berserker or a medic will solo away from the rest of the team, or where the team splits into 2/3 groups and fights in different areas of the map. This is not the point of the game, and more often than not it results in a team wipe, with either the game ending or a level 6 solo-ing for the rest of the round.

Is this just standard fare, or is it because I have to play Normal/Hard? (I get kicked from the higher difficulties because my level isn't 5/6)

I LIKE teamwork. I derive immense satisfaction from winning a game as a team that I couldn't win by myself.

So, what solutions are there? are there servers that are known for teamwork, or am I going to have to try to join a clan?

Suggestions/tips/rants welcome xD

Hi :) I'm looking for a clan too :p but i didn't have any luck finding one since i posted here ^^

Not that i can't solo maps.. but i like teamplay as much as i find annoying when newbies join your HoE games at wave 8 with their commando lv 3, fire the entire AK47 mag off the first fp they see and die dragging with them half the team before ragequitting :mad:

About lv 6 berserkers soloing far from the rest of the team i don't have anything to complain.. they're probably more useful like this than on your firing line, blocking your view and your bullets (in particular when you're facing the speciments in a narrow hallway)..

If it's the medic that soloes away from the team, well, i find it less convenient or smart since he can't do what he is mainly supposed to: healing the team mates..

Making sub-teams which fight in different areas may be cool and funny :) this won't necessarily lead to a wipe.. of course every sub-team must have everything it takes to deal with the incoming specimens..

btw, i'd really appreciate if kf developers would implement the possibility for the host to decide if allow or deny the players to join the game if they haven't completed at least one map of the same difficulty playing solo.. doing so you're supposed to learn about specimens' dangerous traits, capabilities and weakness.. you're supposed to learn at least a little to play and so you might become less inclined to spoil other's games..

again, i apologize for my english and if i didn't make myself clear.. i haven't spoken english for so long ^^ :(

Upvote 0
Add me if you like. I've only been playing a short while but the teamplay aspect and people playing their correct roles is something that I see missing from public servers where the tactics are often very basic/bad if they exist at all and people will freelance too much.

I'm looking for competent people who want to play as a team.

Steam ID: TheDoctor

Upvote 0