• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Suggestion]To much STG and AVT

Either way the weapons should be severely limited. While there was a lot of complaints about a promised, and premium, feature not unlocking you can't automatically assume that everybody wanted it implemented like this.

As a hero unlock is out of the question due to the DDE only class restrictions are left. Personally I would be much more happy with the assault class being the only class to have the weapons at their disposal. Preferrably elite riflemen really as they are the most comparable, but that is also out of the question as it wouldn't fit into the upgrade system.

It really destroys immersion having everyone and their uncle carrying a rifle that never even saw action in Stalingrad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the moderator is out to get me. Locking my thread. It was a legit thread, and now removing my posts.

Anyway.

As someone else said, they can't take away the assault rifle now that people have paid extra money to use it. I'm just hoping Tripwire will come to their senses and remove the weapons from assault and squad leaders, and only give it to the elite rifleman.

Usually only 3 elite rifleman spots on a 64 server, and I guess I can live with that.

Upvote 0
Something really needs to be done, this totally ruined the gameplay experience from my part. As a server owner with a 50 player server thats full most of the day, the gameplay just was ruined.

Out of a 50 player server, 22 players have the guns (12 assault, 8 squad leaders, 2 commanders). I thought i would never say this but this is extremly poor by TWI and iam seriously dissapointed.

The weapons are good and i have no problems with them, but they need to in way less numbers on the map, i suggest 4 (2 per team) is more then enough. This game franchise used to be about realism, which i why i loved it. I said to myself i can stand the few arcade-ish elements i found in the beta just to support TWI but this is just taking it too far, iam sorry TWI but this is terrible..

FIX THIS PLEASE!
Yeah, they need to tweak the load outs for sure. It's a sound idea that doesn't break the promise of day 1 unlocks, they can't go back on that promise otherwise they'd probably face legal action for false advertising. They're going to have to limit the weapons via class.

The class structure needs an overhaul, this has been discussed for some time, don't know what the devs position is but I'm sure once the more critical stability and performance bugs are sorted out they'll get into the gameplay...

Upvote 0
Another way to balance it: after the first round of a match, the two highest non-squad leader non-commander players per team are promoted to heroes, and can choose the veteran unlocks for assault or elite rifleman class. You also need to have unlocked said weapons to be chosen as a hero as to not waste a slot.

Upvote 0
Or remove assault class and restrict MKBs and AVTs to elite riflemen. Squad leaders and Commanders should not have access.
Making the Mkb42 and AVT40 available to elite rifleman is certainly a better situation than one is going on right now, but I think the best decision would be to make them only weapons that heroes could use, so you'd only see one per side per round. I mean, these weapons were rarer than rare, and as most RO forum goers here who have been around a while know, there is plenty of speculation as to whether they were ever in Stalingrad to begin with.

With so much controversy surrounding these weapons in the past on these forums, its incredible to me that we'd see everyone and their mother running around with them in the game ... its almost like someone is TRYING to start a forum **** storm lol ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I grudgingly accepted that there will those hero weapons, and if they were rare and limited to heros only, then that would be fine.

Now every other death I suffer is because of one, are there really that many around?

Kinda makes me wish there was a Deluxe Super Special Realism Edition that would turn off those weapons automatically on any server I joined... I'd pay a lot extra for that :p

Seriously though, I hope the browser gets fixed properly so I am able to find those servers that have those weapons turned off. I know TWI will fix it, but it makes nuts joining random servers to find this stuff on them :D

Upvote 0
this game is FUBAR now with the MKb. Im pretty pissed and annyoed the whole feel of the game is ruined with everybody and their mom using a MKb.

I serriously thought on the first day of playing the game wed get to use it, then on the 2nd day it would be locked untill we unlocked it ourselfs.

thats how it should be.

whats the point of working towards hero if we get all the hero guns just by buying it?!

I preordered the game because i wanted to play the beta, not because i wanted some l337 guns.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now every other death I suffer is because of one, are there really that many around?

Really. I joined a server, selected the MKb, and immediately started slaughtering people left and right with it. I think 15 kills while just taking the first cap.

I quit, I have to take a break from this now, because I'm so dissapointed. Everybody has one. There's enough that the rest of the team will be picking up these weapons whenever they drop. As it stands 8-11 people can spawn with it, so you can imagine 15-20+ will have it at any one time.

Upvote 0
Really. I joined a server, selected the MKb, and immediately started slaughtering people left and right with it. I think 15 kills while just taking the first cap.

I quit, I have to take a break from this now, because I'm so dissapointed. Everybody has one. There's enough that the rest of the team will be picking up these weapons whenever they drop. As it stands 8-11 people can spawn with it, so you can imagine 15-20+ will have it at any one time.

inded sire..indeed...its BAD....why having rifels..wh having semis...sheesh....i stilll have problem with the game even starting..but ****...revert it...make it limited..make it so you cant pick it up...DO SOMETHING...

Upvote 0