• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SUGGESTION: Implement a config control to Mute all public voice chat

Divinehammer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 9, 2006
Sunny, Obamalot
I would like to see the devs implement a simple check box in the audio controls area that would block all public voice chat. To many times I have been playing and someone decides they want to be annoying and plays annoying music all the time. This destroys team communication. While I understand that I can go and mute that specific person in the middle of a firefight. I still have to listen to everyone else continue to complain about it. I dont place much value on public voice chat either as I only want to listen to my team. Seems that being able to turn this channel off from the configuration screen would save everyone some headache.

What do you say to this devs?

Play on 40-1, we keep our servers clean from all folk who can't behave mature. Both RO2 and RS are 18+ games. Non-adult behavior can not be tolerated.

Downside on client side voice chat blocking is that admins can't reach you via voice chat. Might cause some undesired kicking.

Again, if you are in Europe, come to 40-1 for a joyful stay.

Upvote 0
Yeah I think I was playing on the Marauder server where this was happening. IMO this setting should be standard on all servers. I dont see a need for Public chat all you get is trash talkers and immature users on that channel.
I will have to try the 40-1 server though I prefer the 64 player servers. I have been playing since 2006 and never have had an admin need to talk to me so I would bet that would be a small occurrence. Thanks for the feedback guys I still hope the devs make this controllable on the client side.

Upvote 0
The problem, imho, is that the server admins of today are too softhearted. If a player is being an ***, has been asked to stop and continues to be an ***, BAN his ***! No longer is he a problem on your server and perhaps he'll grow up and learn a lesson in the process.

For the life of me I don't understand the mindset today of many admins/owners. I see the kids (young and old) whine in BF, DayZ, Epoch forums about how sorry they were blah and blah. They are reinstated and get kicked with yet another temp ban in just a matter of hours. No accountability. Reminds me of parents taking their kids to play a team sport where they don't keep score.......

Upvote 0