• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Suggestion for PTRD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Russians in real life had the mostly useless AT rifle but they managed somehow(mines, AT grenades?) just add those and return realistic values to the PTRD.

AT Grenades, Molotov Cocktails, and the Ampulomet (which was rather rare). Obviously Russian infantry was much less of a threat to tanks than German infantry was. But that's just the way it was.

War isn't fair, it isn't balanced. The Russians won because they vastly out numbered the Germans, not because their equipment was better (or even equal). The Russian army had close to 35 million soldiers and suffered almost 11 million casualties* in WW2. The German army had only 13.6 million (devided between two fronts), and suffered only 4 million casualties (and that's both fronts combined).

My point in this is that the equipment should be made as realistic as possible. Let the map makers balance things out by giving the Russian side more reinforcements. Not by making the Russian equipment over powered, or the German equipment under powered.

*Casualties defined as KIA or MIA

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The RPG-43 (Ruchnaya Protivotankovaya Granata) also had a cloth streamer that was supposed to stabalize it in flight to improve its chance of coming down the right way. Although it wasn't always effective. I've seen penetration numbers ranging from 30mm all the way up to 95mm... :confused:

0017.jpg

Upvote 0
An undamaged tank in RO will always require at least two shots to kill it. I've fired panzerfausts at the top armor of undamaged T-34's and it always takes two shots.

Hitting a tank in its ammo critical hit zone will result in it being destroyed by 1 shot from a Panzerfaust. Putting one into the front lower hull of a T34 or IS2 will take it out with one shot. However this proved to be quite risky so with a little more practice I memorized where the side hit zones were and now I can hit them somewhat consistently at 30-50 meters. On the T34/85 aim right below the numbers on the side of its turret. With the IS2 and T34/76 aim at the hull below the star.

With that being said I agree though that the Panzerfaust should knock tanks out even if it doesn't hit the "critical hit zone".

Upvote 0
Simple answer here is... REALISM. This is supposed to be a realistic game.

You can only push realism so far until it simply becomes unfun. This game is already FAR, FAR more realistic then any first person shooter I have ever seen. Period. Right now it is limited by numbers more then anything else. You can't simulate the massive advantage in numbers the Russians enjoyed. Increasing the reinforcement count doesn't cut it because then you are merely throwing people one at a time at someone. The reason the Russian numbers made a difference is because at any given time they had more soldiers then the Germans. Throwing one guy at an Tiger, waiting, and then throwing another guy at it doesn't work. You have to throw three or four guys at it AT ONCE.

Upvote 0
Simple answer here is... REALISM. This is supposed to be a realistic game.

RO is the most realistic game ever made, one little change in realism won't ruin anything. Binoculars are not imporant in videogames, but in real life, they would be much more. So, basicly you are saying you won't care if the AT soldier class is useless and worthless, because it simulates realism? I wonder how you will have fun with the game like that.

Upvote 0
Christ, fix the PTRD... the people who want to keep it as is don't know what they're talking about.

Not necessarily. They know the PTRD is over powered, but so are the tanks in a sense.

The best solution is to fix the PTRD WHEN the tanks are also fixed - as in optics put in, killable crew members, jammable turret, etc.

I have an odd feeling most who complain about the PTRD tend to play German...

Upvote 0
I woudn't say that. I would say the people who complain are realism junkies, and WW2 fanatics.

I would. 5 out of 6 or so of the people who want to tone down the PTRD in this thread have German derived nicknames:

Teufel Hund
Maus
Kuebel
Sichartshofen
Wolfstuka

Coincidence?

Accept it people have biases. I'll admit, I play Russian most of the time (check the Sig), which may be a reason I'd like to see the PTRD "toned down" when the tanks are also "toned down" with their impenetrable optics, invincible personnel armor, and adamantium suspension.

Upvote 0
Not necessarily. They know the PTRD is over powered, but so are the tanks in a sense.

The best solution is to fix the PTRD WHEN the tanks are also fixed - as in optics put in, killable crew members, jammable turret, etc.

I have an odd feeling most who complain about the PTRD tend to play German...

Those are all things tankers WANT AS WELL for realistic tank combat...

But that's a ways off, but the PTRD can be fixed now. Fix, it, now.

period.

RO is the most realistic game ever made

No, it isn't.

one little change in realism won't ruin anything.

Yes, it will.

It seems the people who are saying "it's realisitc enough" are the kinda people who are used to playing BF1942...

Upvote 0
If and when tank crews can be killed are implemented, then I think the PTRD can be toned down in penetration power.

I would like to know how realistic it is to get a cook off when you hit ammo with a PTRD round.

I'm somewhat with Morm here. Right now PTRD is doing things it rarely did, and I think it's not hard to say it's overmodelled. It does not richochet/ it's round not affected by angle or range/no bullet drop/ it's just acting magical :)

But since we have a very basic vehicle damaging system apart from so called "angle/penetration calculations" and we don't have any AT nades, it's necessary.

We need an overhaul of penetration/damage system(not just armor tweaks) and then PTRD can be changed to it's normal values.

Upvote 0
I would. 5 out of 6 or so of the people who want to tone down the PTRD in this thread have German derived nicknames:

Teufel Hund
Maus
Kuebel
Sichartshofen
Wolfstuka

Coincidence?

Accept it people have biases. I'll admit, I play Russian most of the time (check the Sig), which may be a reason I'd like to see the PTRD "toned down" when the tanks are also "toned down" with their impenetrable optics, invincible personnel armor, and adamantium suspension.

Pwnt.

Upvote 0

Teufel Hund
Maus
Kuebel
Sichartshofen
Wolfstuka

Coincidence?

You are actually right about that.

Upvote 0
You are actually right about that.

Teufel Hund
Maus
Kuebel
Sichartshofen
Wolfstuka

Coincidence?

Oh please that is definately not the issue and a silly comment that sounds like you want to start off people flaming. And the Tanks toned Down? what is this about they are almost how they should be except for Tank vs Tank battles which IMO still needs tweaking.

The FACT is its overpowered to balance the game I hate that because this game is "suppose" to be about Realism. I Would much prefer to see those anti-tank grenades implemented into the game and maybe to balance it out let there be more AT roles for the Russians.........

Or Dog mines mwahahahah!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.