• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Suggestion for Firebug!

Firestorm is good with the microwave gun. Also works great with the flame thrower, the Zed back away when seeing the flame. Its mostly usefull when having to mob has a firebug or more especialy.
The perk is firestorm is good. But it requires knowledge. I Rarely use it because I rarely use flamethrower.
I'd say the real problem with the perk firestorm is that the firebug class will end up has a carrier for the team. It's more felt on "Hell on earth". When you have to stop the raged scrake and the 3 fleshpound and that there is no berzerker or demo to take them on fast. You have to play the wall of crowd control.
But ye I see your point it not has good has the flesh pound raging stoping perk and scrake backstepper, Heatwave.
If it had range to the husklauncher charged fire/explosion attack it would be even better. But for that it would have been needed to be coded with an explosion and a fire attack not both 1 and the same.......

Upvote 0
The perk is firestorm is good. But it requires knowledge. I Rarely use it because I rarely use flamethrower.

it wouldn't benefit the mwg or any flamer at all, the only noticeable zed that try to dodge flamers would be crawlers, and they can be manipulated easily especially alpha crawlers to let them dodge where you want, and then use heatwave to push them away abit more, or kill them on the spot for added DoT for incoming zeds, which favors u to killing trash event faster.

thats all there is for firestorm, some others take it for big zed take down, which really isn't that great at all.

Upvote 0
I like this idea. It could be distance range based on level. The higher the level the further the range with flame thrower, caulk and burn, and microwave gun.

Also, Firebug should have a similar melee weapon to the Ion Thruster, that instantly causes everything attacked to burst into long burning flame. This would give the Napalm skill more reason to be used. Headshots should instantly kill everything but scrakes, and FPs. The advantage would be the control of who to burn as most of the firebug's weapons are indiscriminate of burning unless the firebug is very, very cautious with their aim. Maybe a katana with a hot wire attached.

Upvote 0
Aw that's weird. I played around on HoE with a clauker/MG. Using firestorm oufcourse. Need that range boost to take care of big zed from afar. Helping other that are stuck with a FP on them. Had 600-700 kill. On the first 2 wave almost cleared the wave on my own. At the point that they ran away to get some kill. Yes the caulker is that powerful.
I didn't had the most damage tho I'd need to have taken the dragonbreath and the mac10. But I wouldn't have cleared that many zed. I see 0 problem wih firestorm. Work has it should.

More range = dps/cc sooner.

Firebug is a very powerfull class.
It has situational perk.
You have choose your perk depending on where you have to fight.
You can change perk every wave.

Firebug is 1 of the only class that doesn't need any work around .
It doesn't need anything.
But just like everything you need to find which weapon goes with each other.
The molotov isn't there for the look either it does massive dammage.

It need absolutely nothing to be changed and never did.
Go read guide or something.
Play it.

Reactions: Marmalad
Upvote 0
Aw that's weird. I played around on HoE with a clauker/MG. Using firestorm oufcourse. Need that range boost to take care of big zed from afar. Helping other that are stuck with a FP on them. Had 600-700 kill. On the first 2 wave almost cleared the wave on my own. At the point that they ran away to get some kill. Yes the caulker is that powerful.
I didn't had the most damage tho I'd need to have taken the dragonbreath and the mac10. But I wouldn't have cleared that many zed. I see 0 problem wih firestorm. Work has it should.

More range = dps/cc sooner.

Firebug is a very powerfull class.
It has situational perk.
You have choose your perk depending on where you have to fight.
You can change perk every wave.

Firebug is 1 of the only class that doesn't need any work around .
It doesn't need anything.
But just like everything you need to find which weapon goes with each other.
The molotov isn't there for the look either it does massive dammage.

It need absolutely nothing to be changed and never did.
Go read guide or something.
Play it.

lol not sure why you're being aggressive in the end. but will clear things up, since idk maybe ur playing hard too much :unsure: but anyways :D

1- no one said firebug is weak
2- not sure what you mean it has situation perk, idk if ur talking about the perk itself or its skills, but the perk is the best CC perk in the game.
3- also none said anything about work around, but we are talking about a skill that is useless which is firestorm against a skill that is used almost all the time by firebug players
4.a- you take care of big zeds from far and once they are raged well sc wont be an issue since 2 alt fire from mwg they will be knoced down, but fp will be surely get a hit or 2 on you, unless u waste half ur mwg ammo just to keep pushing them, which is literally wrong and waste of ammo.
4.b- how would using firestorm help your teammate by any chance if they got stuck with fp on them, assuming that when you say they are stuck as in stuck in corner? if thats the case, that only a mwg alt fire would help if u went from a different angel to push them, and by that time they could end up dead pretty much, if you will say you will m1 to fire panic them, then it would need alot more due to fire panic taking longer now since few patches ago. while if you used heatwave a 100% stumble rendering the big zed let it be fp,qp,sc to be pushed back doing nothing for the next few secs, but ofc you need to be in the appropriate range at the same time.
5- kills don't matter much, any perk can get kills if they hold a good choke point, i can rack 1k+ kills in hoe, that isn't the point of this thread.
6- mac-10 and trench to get most dmg you say? again this isn't what the topic is about, but also so wrong. trench has low ammo pool, and mac10 poor dmg. go figure.
7- again an off topic point you bring which is molotov, nobody talked about except you.

please stay on topic, try to see the main point that everyone before you was talking about, it is firestorm being in bad position, and useless.

and speaking of guide, here is one https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1448798750

take care!

Upvote 0
Sad I rarely go under Hell on earth.

You seem to forget this so.
Firestorm = More range = dps/cc sooner.

1-
My suggestion is as follows: Make firestorm a passive increase per level same as RR for commando, and bring back splash damage skill.
You did. By stating to put back splash damage skill and making a passive "Firestorm". Yes it isn't alot of damage on the spot but still count. When you want to add damage to a class. It's because you find it weak.
2- Firebug=Class Firestorm=Perk
3-The idea of changing something in existence is a work around.
4.a-At maximum range Sc die generaly before getting to you.
4.b-Flamethrower is the best at applying the flame debuff, zed panicking while engulfed in flame. Also the alt. with mwg spam. They are all more then enough to free your mates. With firestorm you can do it from further.
5-Yes. Its the point of using firestorm. Oh but yes you can do it with heatwave. But heatwave only work on close up not at further range.
6-Perk:pyromaniac... is best suited for ballistic weapon. No ammo needed, realtime shooting speed...
7-It was to proove the earlieast point. That it doesn't need to be changed in any way.

Thats weird firestorm can't be looked at has single cluster. Firebug class perk and related perk are like any other. Best seen has a whole, taking one perk out of it's class and analysing doesn't reflect it's utility and usage.

Oh just for the kick. Heat wave + Firestorm mixed together. Far to powerfull. Game breaking potential here.
Splash + Firestorm is almost of the same level. No need for firebug player to get to 1.5k kills in 10 wave hell on earth survival game. 1k is enough don't you agree?

Good day kind sir.

Upvote 0
Sad I rarely go under Hell on earth.

You seem to forget this so.

1-
You did. By stating to put back splash damage skill and making a passive "Firestorm". Yes it isn't alot of damage on the spot but still count. When you want to add damage to a class. It's because you find it weak.
2- Firebug=Class Firestorm=Perk
3-The idea of changing something in existence is a work around.
4.a-At maximum range Sc die generaly before getting to you.
4.b-Flamethrower is the best at applying the flame debuff, zed panicking while engulfed in flame. Also the alt. with mwg spam. They are all more then enough to free your mates. With firestorm you can do it from further.
5-Yes. Its the point of using firestorm. Oh but yes you can do it with heatwave. But heatwave only work on close up not at further range.
6-Perk:pyromaniac... is best suited for ballistic weapon. No ammo needed, realtime shooting speed...
7-It was to proove the earlieast point. That it doesn't need to be changed in any way.

Thats weird firestorm can't be looked at has single cluster. Firebug class perk and related perk are like any other. Best seen has a whole, taking one perk out of it's class and analysing doesn't reflect it's utility and usage.

Oh just for the kick. Heat wave + Firestorm mixed together. Far to powerfull. Game breaking potential here.
Splash + Firestorm is almost of the same level. No need for firebug player to get to 1.5k kills in 10 wave hell on earth survival game. 1k is enough don't you agree?

Good day kind sir.

1- no, not because it is weak, but it will benefit certain types of weapons, like mwg, when the fb first got released in EA, splash dmg did great job with it.
2- http://prntscr.com/pmqtxd http://prntscr.com/pmqtem these will answer you
3- the workaround is using heatwave cause firestorm provides nothing except range. this isn't a workaround to leave a skill being useless.
4.a- assuming the loadout includes mwg, sc's wont be an issue.
4.b i still can't imagine how pushing big zeds at someone stuck in a corner will be of any help, other than making sure that the big zed will not be bashed away cause your debuffs are reseting the debuff counter.
5- edars will have a good time with you with firestorm if you don't have mwg for them since thats what you use, not to mention gorefast/fiends.
6- and if u wanna go for dmg u will leave spitfire or helios and pick those 2? and count on zed time... hmm
7- the molo dont even get benefit from either perk so why even bring it up lol, it proves literally nothing.

Upvote 0
1- no, not because it is weak, but it will benefit certain types of weapons, like mwg, when the fb first got released in EA, splash dmg did great job with it.
2- http://prntscr.com/pmqtxd http://prntscr.com/pmqtem these will answer you
3- the workaround is using heatwave cause firestorm provides nothing except range. this isn't a workaround to leave a skill being useless.
4.a- assuming the loadout includes mwg, sc's wont be an issue.
4.b i still can't imagine how pushing big zeds at someone stuck in a corner will be of any help, other than making sure that the big zed will not be bashed away cause your debuffs are reseting the debuff counter.
5- edars will have a good time with you with firestorm if you don't have mwg for them since thats what you use, not to mention gorefast/fiends.
6- and if u wanna go for dmg u will leave spitfire or helios and pick those 2? and count on zed time... hmm
7- the molo dont even get benefit from either perk so why even bring it up lol, it proves literally nothing.

Hello again.

1- In EA it was overpowerfull and was a meta because of it. It's why it got removed. The second there was a firebug he'd get all the dosh/kill and kept it all. Those game session died when the firebug died because he as the only powerhouse. Firebug player where kicked out in game session right off the bat.
2-Not gonna check anywhere but here very sorry.
3-Never mentioned heatwave. You want it "firestorm" to be replaced completly with more dmg "splash" that gets far to strong with shrapnel.
4.a-Sc are issues only when raged ankwardly.
4.b. It's called a shoot angle. it doesn't need to be big. The debuff make zed walk randomly. Generaly straight foward. Once hy hit a wall they generaly "unless bugged" change direction randomly. But, it being 180 degree turn around in most of the case.
5-Edar. Caulker ,debuff, 9mm 1 shot? Gorefast/fiends debuff wait debuff wait. Fiends to close pistol whip rinse repeat? If stuck hold down the caulker trigger to clear out hostile.
6- Nay I mentioned those, cause they are strong and I favor them over other. Works with any other balistic weapon. Helios is very special very. Nah not really it just doesn't count has a balistic weapon because it deals MG dmg?
7-hmmm. So much agree on this. Exept no need for more power on firebug.

To some other time.
Kind Sir.

Upvote 0
the zeds didn't have resistance back then, and even now firebugs can get all the dosh, demo can do the same after wave 2-3. Firebugs still get kicked just for using the perk itself, without even playing, cause there are some cool people out there.

it is funny that you won't check screenshots, even tho they are literally from the wiki and nothing that i said, wiki stats it, community knows that firebug is a perk, and firestorm or whatever else there is a SKILL, hence why it is called skill tree, but suit yourself.

thus no reason that i waste my time here, but you ned to get up to date with some fb info you got :)

Upvote 0