• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Suggestion Box

What about exposing the VoIP interface?
Particularly I'm interested in implementing voice chat recording (administrators will be able to ban people that are not following server rules - e.g. people using voice chat for injuries,harassment,racism,etc). For instance, if we have access to the voice packets then we can redirect to a TCP stream - and a 3rd party tool can write those audio packets to a file.
Will be good if we can inject audio as well.

Upvote 0
What about exposing the VoIP interface?
Particularly I'm interested in implementing voice chat recording (administrators will be able to ban people that are not following server rules - e.g. people using voice chat for injuries,harassment,racism,etc). For instance, if we have access to the voice packets then we can redirect to a TCP stream - and a 3rd party tool can write those audio packets to a file.
Will be good if we can inject audio as well.

IIRC this is illegal in many states and countries. Or am I wrong here? This is why sec. cameras can't record audio and can only record video.

Upvote 0
Well here are a couple of requests I have which Epic limited with UE3, but were useful to be able to do before:
  • Allow you to specify defaultproperty values for config and localized variables, it's really annoying when you can't do that in UE3.
  • Allow you to modify localized variables (since UE3 automatically defines them as 'const').
  • Allow you to modify default values (I know it's hacky but sometimes it's much easier then trying to work around it).
  • Re-implement GetPropertyText/SetPropertyText native functions to object (you could literally just copy over the exact same code from KF1).
So in other words, you could compile a code like this:
Code:
var localized string MenuName;
var config int PawnHealth;

function PostBeginPlay()
{
	class'KFPawn_ZedClot'.Default.MenuName = MenuName;
	class'KFPawn_ZedClot'.Default.GroundSpeed = PawnHealth;
}

defaultproperties
{
	MenuName="Ultra Clot"
	PawnHealth=1000
}

Upvote 0
I like to do a lot of music additions to the playlist as well as editing and replacing current songs with different ones. Would it be possible to make an .ini file that would allow you to change it so people like myself wouldn't have to decompile KFGame.u in order to add songs to the playlist then go through so much hoops to Recompile KFGame.u? Or maybe even change it to where the music system's KFMapInfo.uc wasn't restricted to KFGame.u and make it not a part of the Mismatch server checking system. This would help A LOT of us that like to add/edit the music playlist.

Upvote 0
Well here are a couple of requests I have which Epic limited with UE3, but were useful to be able to do before:
  • Allow you to specify defaultproperty values for config and localized variables, it's really annoying when you can't do that in UE3.
  • Allow you to modify localized variables (since UE3 automatically defines them as 'const').
  • Allow you to modify default values (I know it's hacky but sometimes it's much easier then trying to work around it).
  • Re-implement GetPropertyText/SetPropertyText native functions to object (you could literally just copy over the exact same code from KF1).
So in other words, you could compile a code like this:
Code:
var localized string MenuName;
var config int PawnHealth;

function PostBeginPlay()
{
	class'KFPawn_ZedClot'.Default.MenuName = MenuName;
	class'KFPawn_ZedClot'.Default.GroundSpeed = PawnHealth;
}

defaultproperties
{
	MenuName="Ultra Clot"
	PawnHealth=1000
}

Hell yeah.

Upvote 0
Steam Group Membership

Steam Group Membership

It would be VERY nice if within the scripting you can determine if a player is a member of a steam group. Space engineers is one example of this. You can lock down / make determinations based on the player being a member of the <groupID64>groupid</groupID64>. This would make reserved slot mods more secure vs having to use the UID for each player individually.

[url]http://wiki.multiplay.co.uk/Space_Engineers/Steam_Whitelisting[/URL]

Upvote 0
option to add custom Zed without replacing existing models

option to add custom Zed without replacing existing models

[TW]Strago

The simplest way is to override KFGameInfo_Survival and replace the bloat (or another zed) in the default properties. If you want something more advanced than that you'll need to override the SpawnManager class and build in some custom code. I'll add it to the wishlist over here to add something to the base code to allow for adding new zeds without replacing.

Option to add custom Zed without replacing existing models.

Upvote 0