• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Suggested video settings/FPS

Hi guys,

At the moment the game is running pretty sloppy for me, with everything on lowest I get 100FPS at certain places but I get microstutters ALL the time (fps taking dives). Somehow higher resolution gives me more stable FPS.. I really can't enjoy the game this way, even in all it's uglieness it still doesn't run smoothly. I wanted to ask which video settings should be realistic for me (including SSAO, bloom, etc..)? Anything under 60 fps is unacceptable in terms of smoothness, I know because I capped it at 30-40-50 and it resulted in unpleasant gameplay.

My rig:
ASUS P5Q SE Plus
C2Q Q6600 OC 3.0 Ghz
6GB DDR2 667 RAM
ATI 5770 1GB

Thanks!

Im not sure about your card, my is or should be a lot better but I still had the same problem. If I turned down the settings it would only get worse, and if I had everything maxed out the game would still be unplayable. But now after set stuff on Ultra, AA and Bloom is also enabled, but I tweaked the config to disable or set the quality lower for stuff you dont have notice in-game my game is running at a stable 70-100 fps and the game feels great. Im finally able to enjoy it and it looks good, its still on Ultra.

Oh and I forgot to give you the link: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2094647
I just followed that and thumbs up! Its worth it if you really want to get the game playable.

Upvote 0
yeah the performance is funny

first my rig:
win 7 x64
4GB DDR2 RAM 1066mhz
ATI HD4870 1GB
core2duo E8400 @3ghz

running the game in 16:10 in 1680x1050

i know this isnt the latest of the latest hardware but i would expect some good fps on unreal 3 engine in medium quality settings.

if i set everything to the lowest possible i get between 20 and 40 fps in average gameplay.

if i set everything to high i only loose about 5 fps average. so it sometimes drops down to.

performance really drops down when arty hits. but even in general it is really bad. grain-elevator and barrack ran pretty good before the patch but the new maps are really bad in performance.

in general game performance has degraded in the course of the beta.
first it was quite good, the came the first patch that only allowed me to play with shadows on high.
then the latest patch even further decreased my performance and now i am even unable to alt-tab back into the game, which worked before.

Upvote 0