• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

su152 optics

karl stiner

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2006
Ireland
just got some fantastic books:);) i like to see some heavy Russians tank in the future;) even when i play DH mod, i like to still fight on some big Berlin map against heavy Russian tanks:D LOOK at the pictures

Attachments

• bbbbhhhh.jpg
    bbbbhhhh.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 0
  • ccmddd.jpg
    ccmddd.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 0
  • nnjkk.JPG
    nnjkk.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
just got some fantastic books:);) i like to see some heavy Russians tank in the future;) even when i play DH mod, i like to still fight on some big Berlin map against heavy Russian tanks:D LOOK at the pictures

You know what would be an interesting subject for custom maps after the mods come out? I'd love to see some 1945-1946 maps with US/UK/German forces against the Soviets. George Patton was of the opinion that since we had the forces all the way to Berlin already, we should have just kept on rolling all the way to Mockba.

That'd be an interesting set of maps to play ... Shermans vs. T-34/85, etc ....

Upvote 0
You know what would be an interesting subject for custom maps after the mods come out? I'd love to see some 1945-1946 maps with US/UK/German forces against the Soviets. George Patton was of the opinion that since we had the forces all the way to Berlin already, we should have just kept on rolling all the way to Mockba.

That'd be an interesting set of maps to play ... Shermans vs. T-34/85, etc ....
its funny you should say that i seen a book and Patton said when he got to Berlin we Have been fighting :p[SIZE=-1] the wrong people:D i think Patton was a great man:cool: I AGREE you should have kept going ;-)
[/SIZE]

Upvote 0
I'm not saying that it would have been the right thing to do, and I'm not saying that it would even have been a good idea. I just think it would be interesting to play out some US vs Soviet scenarios for a hypothetical 1946 scenario.

That's all.
yes well i like to see a late war tank map in this game and the Russian will have the SU guns and Js2 and t34/85 and the Germans will have the king tiger i always wanted a map like this, a battle of [SIZE=-1]Epic Proportions;)[/SIZE]

Upvote 0
I'm not saying that it would have been the right thing to do, and I'm not saying that it would even have been a good idea. I just think it would be interesting to play out some US vs Soviet scenarios for a hypothetical 1946 scenario.

That's all.

It is improbable.. America had problems with Japan. While the problem exists, the USSR should be the ally or neutral.

The good system always has protection against the fool.

Upvote 0
its funny you should say that i seen a book and Patton said when he got to Berlin we Have been fighting :p[SIZE=-1] the wrong people:D i think Patton was a great man:cool: I AGREE you should have kept going ;-)[/SIZE]

Yeah 'great man' I mean pfffft!, who'd want to fight nazism, eh? A very able general, no doubt about it, but towards the end of the war, he had some very egocentric ideas.

Like he was implying, "The nazis? All they ever wanted to do was improve the railway timetables throughout Europe (oh, and fight Bolshevism)."*

Possibly a second or two's reflection over the content and some attention to punctuation and grammar and use of fewer emoticons would have helped that post look a bit less like the work of a chimp that has been trained to type.

And please don't try to tell me that the use of emoticons is demonstrative of irony; I refuse to to believe that someone who has 'seen a book' is capable of any such thing.

As it happens, it would appear that there were also s***heads on the Soviet staff who were drafting plans to keep going to the Pyrenees (check a map on google) if we are to believe anything of what Beria's son wrote in his memoirs.

Seems that by this point, though, most people had had enough of 6 years of continuous pointless slaughter, which is just as ugly whether performed by a bayonet, zyklon B, a King Tiger, starvation or cholera. By this point, to prolong it would have served only to bolster the macho self-image of Patton or Stalin. Eventually this turned out to be pretty bad news for Eastern Europe, but at the time, cessation of hostilities was far preferable to the alternative.

Oh, and, yes there was also the war with Japan to consider along with the fact that the Soviets knew about the upcoming appearance of the A-bomb on the world stage.

*I think I had better highlight my use of irony here because there may well be other KT fanbois reading who fail to detect it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah 'great man' I mean pfffft!, who'd want to fight nazism, eh? A very able general, no doubt about it, but towards the end of the war, he had some very egocentric ideas.

Like he was implying, "The nazis? All they ever wanted to do was improve the railway timetables throughout Europe (oh, and fight Bolshevism)."*

Possibly a second or two's reflection over the content and some attention to punctuation and grammar and use of fewer emoticons would have helped that post look a bit less like the work of a chimp that has been trained to type.

And please don't try to tell me that the use of emoticons is demonstrative of irony; I refuse to to believe that someone who has 'seen a book' is capable of any such thing.

As it happens, it would appear that there were also s***heads on the Soviet staff who were drafting plans to keep going to the Pyrenees (check a map on google) if we are to believe anything of what Beria's son wrote in his memoirs.

Seems that by this point, though, most people had had enough of 6 years of continuous pointless slaughter, which is just as ugly whether performed by a bayonet, zyklon B, a King Tiger, starvation or cholera. By this point, to prolong it would have served only to bolster the macho self-image of Patton or Stalin. Eventually this turned out to be pretty bad news for Eastern Europe, but at the time, cessation of hostilities was far preferable to the alternative.

Oh, and, yes there was also the war with Japan to consider along with the fact that the Soviets knew about the upcoming appearance of the A-bomb on the world stage.

*I think I had better highlight my use of irony here because there may well be other KT fanbois reading who fail to detect it.
yeah well like i side i seen in a book what Patton said :p so get off my back mate,ohh lets get back on to the su152 no more [SIZE=-1]twistspeak please
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think a Sherman would even be a contest for a T34/85, let alone the IS-2.

...let alone the IS-3 which was starting to roll off the assembly lines at the very end of the war. It made it's debut to the West during the Allied victory celebrations in Berlin in September '45. There are rumors that it saw action at the very end of the USSR's tail-end campaign against Japan in Manchuria - August '45.

Now, back on topic...how about those ISU's?:)

Upvote 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPartizan
Cautiously. It is post-war books. ISU-152 were in army very long .
I wished to tell that they have been modernized twice. There is a difference.

Ok, so what ARE the differences? Ive got a whole bunch of russian manuals from 1939/1942/1943 all the way up through the late 40s and into the 1970s and 1980s, and the illustrations look the same. They even look like the pictures of the engines and compartments were all drawn by the same artist. Even the uniforms worn by the servicing crews in the illustrations look like they're from the 30s.

I realize that some chassis/body changes occur, but those things can be easily tracked as they are external and easily seen. I'm talking about the technology inside these weapons and how they were to be used.

I am seeing manuals of conventional weapons that were used by the Soviets in 1985 in some of my manuals that are still designated as "Model 1939"!

The optics I can tell haven't changed from year to year in some of them. One "post-war" manual I have STILL shows how to target German tiger tanks with the weapon.
I'm not saying you're totally wrong but since you keep mentioning it, please tell me what actually changes in these "conventional weapon" manuals of tanks and artillery that was originally manufactured during the war? . I myself do not see much variation at all amongst these tank manuals since WW2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0