• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stupid weapon idea : Taser + 9mm for medic

hipnox

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 9, 2010
would make for a interesting mod imo... ..idk...:eek:

The taser would be bought as you would normaly buy the dual 9mm. left handed weapon is the Taser and right handed weapon is the 9mm. This obviously disables the posibility of picking up a second 9mm

Primary fire is the 9mm and secondary fire shoots the Taser.

The taser uses a charge system like the one in the MP7 healing dart.

iron sight uses the 9mm's and disables the use of the taser

The Taser:

> works on charge. 1 shot = 100% charge usage
> limited range
> stuns the target (time depends on the specimen)
> minimal damage
> stunned stalkers are revealed
> insta-kills crawlers regarless of dificulty and player count :D
> doesnt work against the patty

Medic bonus to Taser:

> Less charge required per shot
> increased range
> increase stun duration

Last edited:
I'm all for it. It makes the medic rely on teammates for killing power while providing a moderate amount stopping and killing power for self defense.
You may want to consider how that would work out with the medic's speed though. It would be fairly ineffective against specimens that are already slow, so the medic can dance around them like normal but it would provide a good means of escape against heavier/faster specimens. So what's the balancing factor?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tazer effects

Tazer effects

The effects from the tazer vs. the specimen should be like
Clots-Causes them to flinch back and release a player if grabbed.
Crawlers-Causes them to slow down slightly and disable jumping for a bit.
Gorefasts-Stuns them like a non lethal melee attack.
Scrakes-Perhaps causes them to go in a blind fury flailing his chainsaw harming friend and foe.
Fleshpounds-I don't think it would do much truthfully, but if there has to be an effect then how about stopping a charging Fleshpound, or causes some technical difficulties with their adrenaline system.
Sirens-Stop screaming momentarily? I don't know.
Husk-Causes them to be a bit less accurate with fire cannon.
Stalker-Deactivates their cloaking ability momentarily.

Patriarch-Causes him to laugh at you and probably ending in a couple of chingun bullet inside you.

I don't know how it would affect them these are just stray ideas.

Upvote 0
I like the idea of some kind of stun weapon but I'm not sure about your implementation of it.

Thing is, if it can stun the big guys it's going to be considered overpowered (consider the amount of damage that the entire team can do to that specimen in even a 1-sec period), and if it can only stun the weaker foes it's going to be useless. What's the point in stunning a clot and then having to wait 5 secs for it to recharge? Wouldn't it just be easier to kill it?

However, I do think the ability to stun the weaker enemies would be useful, as long as you could stun multiple targets at a time (or have several shots before you have to recharge). I'd like to see something like a shotgun that fires stun rounds, so you can stun the specimens mobbing your heal target and quickly switch to your syringe to heal him.

Upvote 0
Clots-Causes them to flinch back and release a player if grabbed.
Crawlers-Causes them to slow down slightly and disable jumping for a bit.
Gorefasts-Stuns them like a non lethal melee attack.
Scrakes-Perhaps causes them to go in a blind fury flailing his chainsaw harming friend and foe.
Fleshpounds-I don't think it would do much truthfully, but if there has to be an effect then how about stopping a charging Fleshpound, or causes some technical difficulties with their adrenaline system.
Sirens-Stop screaming momentarily? I don't know.
Husk-Causes them to be a bit less accurate with fire cannon.
Stalker-Deactivates their cloaking ability momentarily.

Using the 9mm to shoot a clot would do the same thing better.

The Stalker one is a bit silly especially considering how often this would be able to be used. Make it like a lever action stun?

Also, what if you made the electricty have a really small arc range so if everything is bundled up in a hall way it'll hop from one to another? I think that'de make a bit more sense, jsut make the range about melee range, not none of this magical 5 foot arc bull****.

Upvote 0
How about resetting their rage timer. Like a FP rages you zap it, it renews the rage timer with the benefit of making it stop a short while again. Would need a timer though.

Upvote 0
If you make the Taser balanced (could have a "contagious" effect, stunning a few other specimen who gets in contact with the tasered one), i can see that as the secondary fire on the M7A3 (the newly made Medic Gun) rather than it becoming another medic-dart weapon.

Just throwing that out there :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not that bad idea, but need some tweaks IMO.

The taser should be like this one.

The taser have one bullet (or should i say line), and 3 spare ones (maybe an extra one for 1/3 on the medic level?).

The taser have 2 fire methods, the first is the long-rage fire, that shots a line in the zed and slowdown it for a short period of time.

The second one is a melee ranged attack, that deals more damage and stuns completly the zed for a period of (3 + 1/2 Medic Level) seconds. Raged FP are not affected by the stun.

Just an idea.

Upvote 0