• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stupid Bot Tricks

Shadowman

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 16, 2006
Rockville, MD
I was playing on Konigsplatz tonight as the Russians with a mix of Bots and Humans. I witnessed at least 3 times a Russian saper bot placing a satchel on a human-controlled Russian tank and running off!! I couldn't stop laughing -- it was the same driver each time. It's like the bot decided to work as a double agent, or simply had it out for this guy.

I was controlling a tank, aiming at enemy. Then I see this own teammate running across the field, and after long run he finally comes to me. He jumps in tank and starts to move it little bit to every directions. I had perfect shot for enemy tiger, and kept shouting "stop you idiot!!", then he drives the tank across the field to INFRONT of 4 enemy tanks. I didn't know he was a bot :eek:.

I played some practice mode on Arad. There the bots kept getting stuck with those tanks. The funniest thing tho. was when bots drove the tank to a little bridge, they got stuck in it sideway, so they coudn't get off.
Bots are like hopeless little ants, who try to be usefull but end up doing more damage than good.

Upvote 0
Hirmuinen said:
I was controlling a tank, aiming at enemy. Then I see this own teammate running across the field, and after long run he finally comes to me. He jumps in tank and starts to move it little bit to every directions. I had perfect shot for enemy tiger, and kept shouting "stop you idiot!!", then he drives the tank across the field to INFRONT of 4 enemy tanks. I didn't know he was a bot :eek:.

I played some practice mode on Arad. There the bots kept getting stuck with those tanks. The funniest thing tho. was when bots drove the tank to a little bridge, they got stuck in it sideway, so they coudn't get off.
Bots are like hopeless little ants, who try to be usefull but end up doing more damage than good.

The ants are actually useful though. Much smarter, that's for sure.

Upvote 0
Harry S. Truman said:
V69 is your friend! (Keystrokes to tell bots to get our of your tank)

I have started TK'ing any tanker bots heading towards my tank. Stupid things.

Problem is, for those of us that dont like to kill them, there's nothing stopping them from milling around outside the tank for a few moments then trying again to hijack it with you still inside lol. Maybe we need a bot command "get the *#%$ away from me" to balance out the "follow me" command. Instead of heading towards you, they will head in the opposite direction as far as they can go. Yes I hate bots.

Upvote 0
Bots do significantly help to fill up servers.

What I mean by this is people are more likely to join a server that has like 20/32 or something people on it (even if half of them turn out to be bots when they get in the map) versus a server that only has 9/32.

And, since bots disappear as the server fills up with real people, it all turns out ok in the end. Thank you bots, I just wish you werent so stupid and greedy for vehicles.

Upvote 0
Bots do significantly help to fill up servers.

I've found that to be false. A lot of people use server filters and they have some that filter out bots. Also a lot of people that join large bot servers immediately leaving seeing all the bots, I've done it numerous times.

I always thought it would be funny to get your squad to get on the server one night and everyone change their names to bot names and when people come on they will get owned by these "super bots". But I figure someone will look at ping and see they are real, unless the server can mod out the pings.

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
I've found that to be false. A lot of people use server filters and they have some that filter out bots. Also a lot of people that join large bot servers immediately leaving seeing all the bots, I've done it numerous times.

But not everybody filters these servers out. Thusly, once that server is full, the bots disappear, replaced by real people and then the server starts showing up on people's lists that filter out bot servers. And it is these servers I am talking about. I would never in my right mind join an 'all bot' server, but apparently some people do. Servers have to get full of real people somehow~

Come to think of it, I know of only one or two servers that I have been on since RO:O came out that didnt have bots enabled to some extent. The server only seemed to stay full for a few maps then people started bailing. Pretty much any server I join from evening to late night EST uses bots to some level. Mind you, I do filter out bot servers, but this does not filter out servers that use bots, just the servers that presently have bots in them (IIRC). None of my filters prevent me from joining a server in which bots reappear at the start of new maps, until the server fills back up with real people.

Just my perception anyways. I too will leave a server if I find that the bot/real person ratio is approaching 50/50, which is when I begin to notice a dramatic decrease in game quality.

Upvote 0