• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stuck after sprint/reload Glitch -- STILL HAPPENING

Poonani Crush

Jun 14, 2018
This is the third time I've posted about this glitch in the game and I'm getting very tired of Tripwire refusing to do anything about it.
The stuck-glitch first appeared about 8 months after the game launched in one patch or another, and Tripwire claimed to have fixed it in one of the patches a few months later. It has not been fixed, and I've been dealing with it almost every single game since then in the hundreds of hours I've clocked into RS2.

The glitch causes the avatar to be (mostly) stuck in place, appearing to vibrate whenever trying to walk/sprint. It does not affect prone-crawling which is the only way to continue after the glitch occurs.

I've concluded the glitch occurs most often when using shotguns, both the double-barrel and the M37, but can occur with any weapon in the game. It is activated normally by aimed-firing while standing and performing a prone-dive maneuver or by starting a reload while standing and performing a prone-dive. I've also found it can activate by shooting while crouched and going prone, as well as getting knock-back from a grenade/rpg without death. Once the glitch occurs, the only means of getting out of the "stuck" position is by random firing/reload/prone combinations. Sometimes it is possible to become free again, other times the glitch is permanent until respawn.

Please Tripwire, fix this glitch. I have enjoyed this game tremendously and have been a loyal fan since RO1, but the failure to patch this and the constant appearance of it in my game has caused me immense frustrations.