• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Stronghold 3

Stronghold 1 was really nice. Had a really nice terrain editor, it was really focused on how to custom build the castle of your dreams, had a nice little economy/population management thing going on....tbh I had less fun with the battles than I did building and managing the castle.

SH2 tried to make everything way more systematic and gamey, with supply lines and conquering territory, yadda yadda....and the economy didn't seem as free-form and natural. I didn't make it past the 2nd or 3rd campaign mission before I put it down.

So I'm not really sure what to expect of SH3.

Upvote 0
Ok, that looks DISTINCTLY more like the Stronghold I loved and not the Stronghold I chose to forget.
In some ways ... I do think the graphics look pretty bland though.

Hopefully they bring back the castle building game modes where you could build one and have a friend siege it. That feature made the first game amazing, and its absence pretty much killed Stronghold 2, among other things.

Upvote 0