• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Strongest Perk - November 2019?

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
6P HOE - what is currently the strongest perk in your opinion?

Medic and Zerk are always in the discussion for me just based on their roles - but if we were to take those 2 off the table...

I've leaned towards Commando for the past year or two and it still looks that way to me. An accurate head-popping Mando can do so much work it's ridiculous.

The arsensal for that perk also still seems to be the best, although it's not the large margin it once was.

I'm more of a spam artist so I admire a good Mando when I come across one [although a good sharpie is also fun to watch do work..].

My quick twitch reactions aren't good enough to play precision perks on Sui/HOE lol.

I'm guessing it's between Mando and Slinger at the moment. Feel free to add to that.

Reactions: snakewufrost1
Tbh in the current state, anything can work on hoe at this point... even swat if kitted correctly and player knows what to do, can survive longer and deal with big zeds with a nailgun.
+ combo him with battering ram and mando's time extension, and he can just clean the area and knock down anything big thats coming.

Tbh i'd even argue that berserker is now one of the weaker if not the weakest class to play.
Even with parry skill, he can get chopped really quickly if he's unaware of his surroundings... and with the melee accuracy being ass, it tends to be difficult to kill a big zed because point blank hits are not registered to the head.... unless you know at which angle to strike.

Reactions: snakewufrost1
Upvote 0
I don't think Berserker is anywhere near as dominant as it used to be. It can actually be quite frustrating to play since the EDARS and Rioters came in. There are also times where Berserker is near useless with certain loadouts: Husk-onky waves in Endless mode or against the Abomination, etc. There are many times where a Berserker can hinder the team now rather than just being a 'tank' like it used to.

Field Medic will always be the best! Demolitionist second considering the RPG is the most versatile weapon against big Zeds. Survivalist is good when played as a mix between Medic and Demolitionist. Gunslinger is probably the best perk when playing Solo because of its speed and damage output with the consecutive headshot boost skill thing, but it can get overwhelmed easily in a full lobby. Firebug and Commando can be good all-round but only with the right weapons and a supportive team. SWAT and Support have never really been perks that I'd consider as reliable for HOE and big zeds. Sharpshooter is fun but vulnerable.

Obviously different perks for different maps, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: infntnub
Upvote 0
Medic honestly, he is a true a powerhouse and i do main zerker/gs. Zerker is still good in decent hands, and GS simply falls off in the chaotic public games. I usually go bonebreaker and shoot legs. Call me Legshooter.

And demo is second strongest, once you get past first few waves to get dosh to buy stuffs.

Upvote 0
Yeah, Medic does feel strong [always did for the most part, but yeah].

Mando still feels like it's in a great place.

Firebug felt really good too when I rolled with it for a game of HOE - the husk cannon fix was a big bump for the perk, overall.

Demo still feels strong too, but m79 and seeker (amongst others) really feel underwhelming to me on higher difficulties.

Destroyer of Worlds helps offset this to some degree though, if abused properly.

Upvote 0
I spend almost 1.5 k hours in this game.
In a 6player game this come always down to the map and other perks being selected already, e.g. demo can be absurdly strong in groups, but absolutely weak when the situation escalates.
When **** hits the fan then my perk order is the following (from strong to weak):

Berzerker, Medic, Survivalist, Gunslinger, Supporter, Firebug, Commando, SWAT, Sharpshooter, Demolition.

Upvote 0
I do see a lot of demos and sharpshooters gettting overwhelmed when watching youtube replays of 6 player HOE. Same goes for Support player. I think in pub groups too many players aren't able to notice when the group starts to kite so they're too focused on killing as much as possible of zeds approaching rather than moving and killing. I really wish Tripwire would add a "Group is on the move" phrase to the quick chat. In other games (L4D for example) I used to be able to type incredibly fast but KF2 is just a little too fast to type and play. Also totally agree it's harder for Zerkers in Husk wave and when a ton of Edars spawn. Zerker nail gun needs either a buff and lighter weight or something. Better to grab the Swat's nailgun for the Zerker than his own nailgun.

Upvote 0
Support can be handy in the right hands, AA-12 is devastating if the user is accurate on big Zeds and making use of the piercing power shotguns naturally have for those opportune situations where zeds will bunch up in a 'conga-line' but the weakest thing could be the base movement speed on higher difficulties.

IMO, any perks that have +10% or higher increase to move speed I value higher up, simply for the increase survivability when it's crazy; being able to get away faster/being able to get out of melee reach from taking hits .ect

Situational awareness lays within the players own skill level to quickly make judgements and team unity, I don't feel that should be a factor when rating a perk.

Also, the Nailgun got a buff last update; parry/swap nailgun/ is a strong skill still ....it does 343 per-shot now,that's crazy coupled with parry buff + class passives, like c'mon lol the Eviscerator does less damage even L0L +you can deal with eDars and HUSKs pretty easy with the nailgun . I don't main Zerker at all, but it is seriously powerful in the hands of a Viking, sometimes whacking them with melee gets boring, I much prefer to shoot them in the face using other perks.

Upvote 0
To me it feels like the sharpshooter has nothing to compensate his low fire rate weapons, especially in a fast paced game like kf2 - you get ambushed so easily (similar to the demolition). I would have rated totally different in KF1 although I have to admit that I did not like the sharpshooter in kf1 either :)

Upvote 0
Leaning towards Demolitionist even if we consider his role in big zed killing.

The HX-25 is one of the better starting weapons in the game if we take relevant perk bonuses into consideration, and its damage output enables the Demo to melt most zeds, save for the EDAR, Husk, Scrake and Fleshpound. It is also seems to guarantee a nuke when triggering Zed Time with this thing, unlike every other Demo weapon (Sometimes, you'll just get a regular explosion)

We already know what the RPG can do, so it'd be redundant to explain why it's a good weapon.

The more i think about it, the Demo's arsenal comes off to me as "anti-everything" rather than big game hunter. The only real downside is that the ever so popular M79+RPG combo doesn't leave room for an HMTECH-101 medic pistol.

I want to mention stuff about the Husk Cannon, but I don't know if the ability to drop multiple nukes on Zed Time is worth losing the RPG-7's bonus damage against Scrakes

While some may call out on the Sharpshooter's higher damage output, the thing is that sort of thing comes off to me as an "on paper" thing. In practice, a lot of firefights in KF2 end with the player holding S and magdumping their weapons at a group of zeds' upper bodies whilst hoping that a few stray bullets hit the head. In a game like that, the Sharpshooter's damage bonuses are extremely counter-intuitive as they force you to paint yourself as a target in order to maximize your damage output. The Demo on the other hand has a far better S+M1 game, which is extremely important in a game like KF2.

Upvote 0