• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stripper Pole "toy" marketed to kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna go to bed, but since we are talking about my PRETEND little sister.

This quote got me....

Mrs Gallimore, 33, of Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, said yesterday: "I'm no prude, but any children can go on there and see it. It's just not on."

Well *****, police your childrens activity. It is not the toy companies job to do so, and they certainly arent giving away this toy for free, blame yourself when you fail as a parent.

As far as buying this for a child, me!? Never, I think it is absurd, but then again, I wouldnt let my kid go unpoliced on the net, or give them my credit card to get it themselves. So again, liability is on the parent.

Upvote 0
Nice one Valac... very true.

Personally... I would BEAT anyone who would dare buy such a toy to my neices !

I find this plane simple wrong...

Yes... Kids would play with it, and they would not see, understand or know about the wrong it can represent.

Someone posted about it not being so bad... its not that bad... but indirectly its horrible !

Its like a 13 to 15 year old girl posting sexy pictures on myspace or hi5
The 13 to 15 year does not know that there maybe some sick madman that will stalk them, ask them things thru webcam and so on... they just do not get the harm with this...

Now we are going to have 9 year old girls dancing videos on youtube or myspace lol

Upvote 0
how come it doesnt come with one dollar bills?

Look closer. It does:

poledance_231x450.jpg

Upvote 0
Well if you ask me, kids today are growing up way too fast, they start doing teenager stuff long before they even hit puberty.. i dont think thats a healthy development, and i certainly dont think stuff like this will help.

The article also mentions lingeri for kids.. now that is messed up, thats sending some very wrong signals, and the kids wont even know they are sending them because they dont understand all that yet.

My words exactly. All this sick sh*t stems from very basis of present society which puts money over people and sex over innocence.

Upvote 0
Totally harmless if you ask me.
Remember: these girls will not think of it as something sexual: you guyz do..... Apart from the fact that poledancing is becoming a serious sport with highly trained athletic women.
Oh and Jenova: it's not called a stripping pole: you sir are accused with something called projection.
I wouldn't mind giving my daughter one, but she cann't walk yet :)

Monk.

Unleash the sex kitten inside...

"SEX KITTEN"

Yes, totally unsexual.

Reactions: Alexander Ostmann
Upvote 0
Where's the evidence that suggests this was intended to be used by children? Yes it was in the Toys & Games section, but it was on a website that can only be used by adults - iepeople with credit cards. If an adult wants to buy this for their child then thats their problem, not Tesco's. Just seems like the thing had to go somewhere and ended up in the games section because there was no Games section specifically for adults. Also note the length of the thing - if it was for kids it wouldn't be like 8 feet tall

Upvote 0
Where's the evidence that suggests this was intended to be used by children? Yes it was in the Toys & Games section, but it was on a website that can only be used by adults - iepeople with credit cards. If an adult wants to buy this for their child then thats their problem, not Tesco's. Just seems like the thing had to go somewhere and ended up in the games section because there was no Games section specifically for adults. Also note the length of the thing - if it was for kids it wouldn't be like 8 feet tall
The reason it is 8 feet tall, is that is the standard size of most ceilings in RL. It anchors to the ceiling and floor.

The fact that it is marketed on an adult site gives me great concern... Chester the Molester will be shopping for this crap. If someone bought this for one of my 5 nieces, he would get a phat head-butt to the face from yours truly.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.