• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stray Claymore left behind enemy-occupied territory

ddongssanda

Oct 19, 2013
Claymore mine is supposed to be kept intact even after the planter's death, just like North Vietnamese traps.

The problem is, the Claymore mine must be manually detonated within the range to be removed.

The problem occurs when you are defending side in TE map. If you failed to detonate the mine before the territory is captured by the enemy, the Claymore mine is forever left behind unless you somehow infiltrate into the enemy-occupied territory and remove it.

Many other features, like Northern squad tunnel and squad leaders' bombardment marks, are automatically removed when they are left in newly set restricted area after enemy's area capture.

I think the Claymore mine left within the enemy-occupied area should be also removed automatically.

This feature is really annoying as it prevents me from using the claymore most of the time. I personally would disconnect the claymore from the player when the player is killed so when he respawns, he has a new mine and cannot detonate the old one anymore. It could also disappear from his tactical view.

Upvote 0