• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Still In Alpha?

-[SiN]-bswearer

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2008
We are still in alpha. And the date comes from a 1c press event, not Tripwire. Tripwire will decide when the game is ready and when it will ship.

I decided to make a new thread to discuss this statement so that thread would not get derailed any further than it already had been. It's an enlightening statement and deserves some attention, hence this thread.

if i understand correctly, TW has been working on this game for more than just the past 12 months and have been working on it even before KF entered the picture. i understand that TW is putting a lot into this game to take it to the next level and make it a huge hit and i can accept it taking a long time to complete. what is hard for me to accept is the fact that they continue to avoid to any type of commitment as to whether or not the game will be released this year.

i could personally care less if it's a 2011 release because i trust TW will produce an awesome game once it's finally finished. i've been immensely impressed by the progress that can be seen through screenshots such as the ones in this latest batch. i'm relieved to see a TW rep (yoshi) post that they've not yet gotten out of alpha stage because that's finally some type of real confirmation of how close to completion the game actually is.

my personal observation is that a lot of people seem to have the feeling that TW knows it won't be ready until next year but are just afraid to break the bad news to the fans. sure its speculatory, but if it's true, it would be wiser for TW to just say "sorry guys but the game won't be finished til next year, but trust us, it will be worth the wait." if those speculations are false, then a statement of "the game's development has taken a bit longer than expected, but it will be completed this year".

that's all that people like myself are requesting to see from TW......is it really too much to ask for? :confused:

at least we have a better understanding as to where the game is at in development. it's not yet left alpha. all we can hope for is that it's close to getting into beta stage and perhaps we could still see a large scale public beta within a reasonable time frame. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
I personally don't mind wait longer. It's just I suspect for some people that have nothing to do the time goes by longer then for those who are busy... It's easy to sit all day and complain that it takes so long why TWI has to work hard, we have no idea what's going on in the TWI office there... that's why probably is necessary for them to keep the date secret.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's dissapointing, but I kinda expected it. The lack of real singleplayer info/footage is one indicator.

that's what i thought as well.....but the good thing is that the last batch of screenshots looked like in game of single player action considering the interesting poses on some of the characters. just because it hasnt reached beta yet doesnt mean it isn't close. based on just the screenshots we've got, i'd definitely say it's a lot closer than where it was a year ago. the most recent "alpha" screens look 100x better than the first "early alpha" screens so one could only imagine how nice things will be once they finally reach beta. ;)

oh forgot, i'm by no means demanding that the game should be released this year. i could care less if it came out in december 2010 or december 2011. i'll still buy it regardless because i have faith it will be awesome. realistically speaking, i imagine that it is not close considering the most recent developments....i can accept that, and that's part of the point i'm getting at. the other part is that it'd be nice to see a more realistic statement from TW to at least confirm the year of the release. i cannot honestly believe that they have no clue as to whether or not it could be finished by the end of the year. in the back of my mind i imagine that they sit there everyday having a general release window in mind and just like teasing us :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Really amazing. How many times and topics are spoiled asking,guessing wondering when the game will be alpha,beta,foxtrot or zulu.
Its almost feels like a matter of life and dead for some,

Just wait and meanwhile realize its summer. Beaches and clubs are filled with nice shaped females and some people spoil there time wondering when the game is done. Get some sun the chase the "pale I spend to much time inside face" away and chase the firm build beach babes and time flies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Really amazing. How many times and topics are spoiled asking,guessing wondering when the game will be alpha,beta,foxtrot or zulu.
Its almost feels like a matter of life and dead for some,

Just wait and meanwhile realize its summer. Beaches and clubs are filled with nice shaped females and some people spoil there time wondering when the game is done. Get some sun the chase the "pale I spend to much time inside face" away and chase the firm build beach babes and time flies.

I wonder when you last visited a beach in the UK? :rolleyes: Us Brits stay in for a reason! :D

Upvote 0
yes we all will wait and we all shall wait but I think it's not as far as everyone thinks.
1c is Russian company so it will get released in Russia on that time ( they still need to translate and prepare it for the East Europian market etc.) But I'm positive the release date for US is going to be a lot sooner.:cool:

Upvote 0