• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

StG44 in 1942?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to show i'm reasonably ROld school..

Shot00001.jpg

as far as i'm concerned, there's your 'hero' skin right there.

HAHA! Dont forget the ultra-rare blue zombies also!

superspawnninja.jpg

Upvote 0
Anyone remember that map in the snow that was released i believe for RO 3.0 i think, it had some good sniper hills, artillery, a tank for the germans, a railway station to fall back to...

I also still have a old screenshot left, this was during the BFERO tournament during a practice run, the Russian officer got stuck and i suggested to bash him out, was really funny to see a entire group of SS soldaten bashing the crap out of him with their rifle butts... :p

bashingofficerfreero.jpg

Reactions: kapulA
Upvote 0
I thought we already had this debate. Thousands of these guns were made and were shipped to the Eastern Front, and some ended up in Stalingrad. It's NOT historically accurate to leave them out. The game isn't called "Heroes of what the majority of soldiers had in Stalingrad." We've got pictures of soldiers using them IN Stalingrad. But like I've said before, if even 1 of these weapons made it into the time frame of our game, its good enough for me. And in this case thousands of them were on the Eastern Front, and many were in Stalingrad.

'Nuff said!!

That's good enough for me.
panther.png

Upvote 0
Arma2 set in 2011. This means there is a lot of room for speculating and telling the story from a what if perspective versus a game that has set itself - locked itself - in 1942. Yeah, totally the same thing.

Like I have said previously, if TWI did their home work, or reallyyyyy wanted the Mkb 42 in the game (nothing wrong with that), then why not tell the story from a 1943 perspective? Why limit yourself to a specific date in WW2?

I thought finding information about Cholm would solve everything. But Lemon proved that it was neither in Stalingrad, which we all knew, and was not in Cholm either from his sources. So that sort of pissed on the parade of finding some type of middle ground which to work with.

So you're suggesting to me that the entire Russian army adopting the AK-107 in two years is more likely than the MKb42 being in Stalingrad? Perhaps, but still very unlikely. It is still no ground to deem a (relatively) realistic game "unrealistic" over.

You are as worse as a politician.

Okay, so, terrible grammar having been made fun of, this post made no sense. Why would they make the PPSh-41 a LAZOR and make the MP-40 a piece of crap that has the recoil of an elephant gun and the accuracy of an arquebus?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hans Ludwig
Upvote 0
So you're suggesting to me that the entire Russian army adopting the AK-107 in two years is more likely than the MKb42 being in Stalingrad? Perhaps, but still very unlikely. It is still no ground to deem a (relatively) realistic game "unrealistic" over.

The US is still far away from having completely replaced the M16A2 by the M16A4, but you won't find an M16A2 with actual combat troops.

If a country sends a contingent of troops somewhere and expect combat, they make sure that they are equipped with the best weapons they currently have.

Upvote 0
The US is still far away from having completely replaced the M16A2 by the M16A4, but you won't find an M16A2 with actual combat troops.

If a country sends a contingent of troops somewhere and expect combat, they make sure that they are equipped with the best weapons they currently have.

...Which is why there were T-55s among the Russian forces sent to Georgia?

Upvote 0

Hell, the USAF still has original M16's in service. ORIGINAL, not A1, A2, A4, whatever. Triangle handguards, no forward assist. I think they might even still have some XM-177's, too.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.