• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

StG44 in 1942?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here we're discussing the MKb42, not an actual feature of the game. We are discussing whether or not it was in Stalingrad, not whether or not it should be in the game. It is extremely likely that the MKb42 was not present in Stalingrad. That being said, many people who argue this fact are not, in fact, opposed to it being in game. I'm personally happy that it will be in there, because it could prove to be a great tool to map makers and modders. Therefore, we aren't *****ing about it being in game, we are arguing whether it was present in Stalingrad or not. There's a difference.

Look dude, I don't know what kaleidoscope you are reading these forums through but I have skimmed over this thread, and it's clear that you see things in a much different light than I do. I am not going to go on and continually have a ***** fest with you on these two threads, if we both want to, we can PM each other and act like idiots.

Upvote 0
... which I find more than a tad silly. Oh well I guess it's an excuse to add a new cool gun, even if it makes basically no historical sense what so ever.

Exactly this. It's pretty dumb to have it in, along with the AVT40. And it is unrealistic to have it in because of how rare it was, regardless that it was issued.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hans Ludwig
Upvote 0
TWRamm-Jaeger said:
The King Tiger wasn't in Ostfront just because it was so late war it could have only been able to be used in 1 or 2 maps. Which is the same reason you never saw an IS-3.

Guys, the IS-3 never served in WWII (unless you count victory parades)!! Which should be the reason it was never modeled.
The Tiger II B first saw front-line service in February of 1944 which is gives it more than a year of service in the Panzerwaffe also the Tiger II was introduced months earlier than the IS-2 & T-34/85 which were first introduced in April-May of 1944 both of which are featured in most of RO's stock tank maps. As for maps the following could feature the Tiger II :Ogledow ('44 famously had Tiger IIs in it) , Arad ('44 Tigers II were in the area), Barashka ('45), Rakowice ('45), and Konigsplatz ('45 of course there were a few famous ones there) altogether there are 5 late war maps scenarios 4 of which feature the IS-2 & could have had Tiger II's put in based on the time-frame.

A Side point we are speaking of adding tanks in a historically correct fashion:
You state some tanks came around too late in the war to be featured but I believe tanks that are too early should have been cut instead for example: The Panzer IV "F2" and Stug III "F/8" were lowly produced early war vehicles (1942 tanks) which were replaced (quickly) by the much more numerous variants (Panzer IV G as well as the Stug III G) yet we see mid to late war maps featuring these early tank variants for example Rakowice(1945), Barashka (1945), Ogledow (1944), KrivoiRog (1943) which is inaccurate especially in the sheer amount of unlimited numbers they are implemented in in maps with. To me this is sort of like modeling a T-34-1940 with the L-11 gun for the Soviets as a main tank until the end of the war that's inaccurate even though they did have a few 1940's until the end of the war.

Lucan946 said:
STG4411!!!, UAV!1!!, SILLY RUNNING1!!!
Lucky we are not getting the typical response "WHy do the Germans Get AK-47's?? I want a SAW!!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Sichartshofen
Upvote 0
I'm unlocking this thread because i want to continue the discussion. Guys, please don't lock threads because they MIGHT turn into a flame war. As silly as some of the discussion has gotten it isn't off in flame territory yet so let people say their piece.

For Russ Shulke, can you actually start contributing to the community instead of waiting around to play "gotcha." For those of you that don't know, Tripwire have requested assistance from Russ and to share research materials with him for ages, and the response we always get from Russ is always NO. Rather than contribute to the historical accuracy of the games that we make by sharing information before and during the production of our games, Russ just pops up near the end so he can play "gotcha." He is very secretive with his research materials, and only releases them on our forums when he can throw a lighting bolt down from mount Olympus and prove his superiority to himself. I make it a rule to never personally go after people on our forums, as i feel it is unprofessional. But I can only take so much.

Russ, it's time to contribute to the community, or get out. Stop playing games, and either share your research when we ask for it, or keep your mouth shut later on when you find an inaccuracy that you could have prevented early on.

Upvote 0
The MKb42 is in the game and not going anywhere. You're only going to see 1 available at a time. So, at the most you may see 2 people using it.

dealwithitdoggif.gif

Reactions: Hackel
Upvote 0
Oh boy, here we go again.

:IS2::IS2:

Take cover!!!

Tripwire will get it right, it's okay, stop worrying. :):IS2:

Thank "Elitist Prick's Club" for posting. Your little group has helped further progress a serious thread into the wrong direction after being unlocked. You guys are good.

Anyway, why not add the G43 instead of a weapon that clearly never made it to Stalingrad?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gewehr_43

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank "Elitist Prick's Club" for posting. Your little group has helped further progress a serious thread into the wrong direction after being unlocked. You guys are good.

Funny that you say that, because this is only my third post in this thread and none of them were inflammatory or trollbait, unlike yours. But you are a known troll in these forums, so none of us are falling for it, sorry man.

Upvote 0
Here is a cold Russian front photo... taking aim with a rare G41 Mauser. Note the odd sling on this rifle.
g41mforum.jpg

Here are some photographs of German troops with the G41W in action. Credits to Darrin Weaver, Hitler's Garands pages 65,66,91 and also Carl Ellingstad.

A German Waffen S.S. soldat armed with a Gew41 Walther with bayonet affixed.

g41mbay.jpg

Now we see two German troops carrying G41's!
g41bat.jpg

A German troop with G41 attends to the proper dressing of his comrade!
g41est.jpg

Pictorial evidence of the use of the G41.
http://www.gewehr43.com/battle.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anyway, why not add the G43 instead of a weapon that clearly never made it to Stalingrad?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gewehr_43

This is exactly the direction YoSH was trying to keep this thread from going. Keep it cool or we'll lock the thread again.

Also You can't say the MkB "clearly never made it to Stalingrad" because there is no proof it wasn't there. We're still digging for the photo of the MkB in Stalingrad. We dug it up a couple of years ago when we were researching weapons for the game but need to find it again.

Upvote 0
I do find it a bit silly to add a very rare gun in this game just for the sake of ''hey, a cool-new-never-before-in- a-ww2-game-implemented weapon''.

The historical value of this is low.

I do hope TWI will take into account that you will not see one third of the team running around with the Mkb.42, for that will be not only unbalance, but also far from historical correctness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.