• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

StG44 in 1942?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redit

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Airstrip 1
Is this a StG44 or am I being stoopid?

mp44.jpg

Mkb 42, the precursor to the STG. Apparantly Tripwire found some kind of indication that a few of them made it to Stalingrad so it will presumably be a rare weapon for Heros.
... which I find more than a tad silly. Oh well I guess it's an excuse to add a new cool gun, even if it makes basically no historical sense what so ever.

Reactions: aop
Upvote 0
I know that everyone here wants HoS to be the ultimate game that we have been waiting so long, a game that will make us feel as close to the real thing as the current technology allows, but lets face it, after a while you will stop caring that much about the epicness of it and you will just want to have a nice time with the gameplay mechanics that RO has and nothing else does. So more diversity will give it a bigger life span... I guess. No need to worry that much about a weapon, lets worry about core mechanics of the game ie. tanks.

Upvote 0
I'm sure Tripwire knows of the huge implausibility of it being used in Stalingrad. I'd imagine it's in for the same reason the IS-3 is in Men of War (although that's significantly more plausible than the MkB42.) A whole regiment of IS-3s were sent to fight in Manchuria, and hell, there is a chance they did see combat, isn't there? Therefore, it is possible that the IS-3 did infact see combat during WWII. Just like it is plausible that the few MkB42s that were issued to the German army in 1942 were in Stalingrad.

Plus, it's a great tool for any modder who wants to make an STG-44.

Upvote 0
I dunno why people believe it's so unrealistic to have weapons like these, they WERE used in combat at some point. We've always had suggestions for crazy rare weapons, and now that we have a couple it's causing a slight uproar.

I'm totally fine with it, most everyone is going to be using the standard weapons anyway. My only problem is how much it's being shown off recently, people are starting to think it's going to be a large part of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: slavek and Moyako
Upvote 0
I dunno why people believe it's so unrealistic to have weapons like these, they WERE used in combat at some point. We've always had suggestions for crazy rare weapons, and now that we have a couple it's causing a slight uproar.

I'm totally fine with it, most everyone is going to be using the standard weapons anyway. My only problem is how much it's being shown off recently, people are starting to think it's going to be a large part of the game.

There were 6 that could possibly have been used, that's why. I don't have a problem with it because I understand their motives.

Upvote 0
According to
This book
http://www.amazon.com/German-Assault-Rifle-1935-1945-Senich/dp/087364400X

After initial trials and refinement - over 10,000 of the Haenel model Mkb 42's were produced between November 1942 and September 1943. So as far as feasibility goes it's 100% possible.

I imagine we've seen a fair bit of it in the screenies/footage etc to get peoples attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: slavek and Moyako
Upvote 0
According to
This book
http://www.amazon.com/German-Assault-Rifle-1935-1945-Senich/dp/087364400Xhttp://www.amazon.com/German-Assault-Rifle-1935-1945-Senich/dp/087364400X

After initial trials and refinement - over 10,000 of the Haenel model Mkb 42's were produced between November 1942 and September 1943. So as far as feasibility goes it's 100% possible.

I imagine we've seen a fair bit of it in the screenies/footage etc to get peoples attention.

Except it's not, is it? The German army was encircled completely at that point. They weren't even getting the amount of food and water they needed, let alone experimental weapons.

EDIT: Yay for disliking facts?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not sure why TWI picked a specific time instead of all of WW2 on the Eastern Front.

I say this because WWIIONLINE had the same problem. Now the game has almost all of the modern equipment and not limited to 1939-40 P2/P3s of the German Army or inferior armor of the British Expeditionary Force.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've been such a hardass on keeping game features to the period with games, but really. Give the developers a break. This isn't a vampir nightvision system or anything, hell, it's not even the full production STG44. It's of the times, and most certainly is plausible. This will be a nice addition to the game, and I welcome it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.