• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steams new look!

Just curious, is there anybody in here who has found a way to block the shameless advertising of his steam client?
When I choose games I do NOT want to see what's in their store over & over & over again.
So , is it possible to force steam to show what I want ?
The rest of steam is very nice IMO.

Monk.

Upvote 0
Text is too thin and the text size for some reason was decreased. Gives me a headache just looking at it (oh I can read the text, its just somehow the combination of the color scheme, text font, and "flatness" makes my head spin). I tried the other skins to see if it would increase the text size (or at least make it more than 2 pixels wide), sadly none do. Even if they did I don't think I could handle the terrible contrast of the text compared to the backround. Only the default skin was bearable for me, though fortunately older steam skins still work. Obviously they are a little glitchy, but anything to get it back to the way it was. I don't know why Valve didn't include a way to use the old default steam skin, I don't care if it didn't look professional or whatever the hell else was the problem, it worked fine and it didn't make me cross-eyed when looking at it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just curious, is there anybody in here who has found a way to block the shameless advertising of his steam client?
When I choose games I do NOT want to see what's in their store over & over & over again.
So , is it possible to force steam to show what I want ?
The rest of steam is very nice IMO.

Monk.

What are you talking about? You mean you click games tab and it shows the store?
But if you're talking about the window it displays when it starts, you can change it.

File -> Settings -> Interface -> Favourite window

Upvote 0
Changed looks:

Changed looks:

Allow Basic BBCode Yes
Allow Color BBCode Yes
Allow Size BBCode No
Allow Font BBCode Yes

Allow Alignment BBCode Yes
Allow List BBCode Yes
Allow Link BBCode Yes
Allow Code BBCode Yes

Allow PHP BBCode Yes
Allow HTML BBCode Yes
Allow Quote BBCode Yes
Allow HTML No

Allow Smilies Yes
Allow Code [B]Yes[/B]
Can Upload Images for Signature [B]No[/B]
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature [B]No[/B]

Someone turn on my edit signature with images.

Upvote 0