Steams new look!

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Skew

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 11, 2006
Denmark
Yes, it looks great! It's not the dull original Steam look, and it's not the fat and clumsy look, it's just modern, slim and good looking. :)

[DA]DIZ

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 25, 2006
Belgium
That new look was at least 1 houres work :) ...looks like they just took the depth out of it and added some new symbols.
I dont find it that "WOOOOW"

[DA]DIZ

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 25, 2006
Belgium
Sure, the simpler the better...more ZEN.....:)
Anyway it's not a big change from the old design....

I'm on my computer at work so haven't checked it out yet, is there a pure black and white skin ? i'd like to see that, with just a tad of grey.

Llama

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Cardiff, UK
oooh, aren't we all lucky people, remember to say 'thank you' to the nice steam men. Hmm, it's alright, the 'ice' theme is quite pleasant :)

Cuddles

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 2, 2006
Area 51
oooh, aren't we all lucky people, remember to say 'thank you' to the nice steam men. Hmm, it's alright, the 'ice' theme is quite pleasant :)

yeah very................it just fkn burned my eyes :mad: and the new look looks like a downgrade from windows XP look to windows 98 look.

Monkwarrior

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Just curious, is there anybody in here who has found a way to block the shameless advertising of his steam client?
When I choose games I do NOT want to see what's in their store over & over & over again.
So , is it possible to force steam to show what I want ?
The rest of steam is very nice IMO.

Monk.

Jaesperson

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 24, 2005
starting steam goes hand in hand with an internet explorer pop up ad. is that normal?
i like the obsidian look best, i think. black is beautiful

Byte Me

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 9, 2006
Virginia, USA
Text is too thin and the text size for some reason was decreased. Gives me a headache just looking at it (oh I can read the text, its just somehow the combination of the color scheme, text font, and "flatness" makes my head spin). I tried the other skins to see if it would increase the text size (or at least make it more than 2 pixels wide), sadly none do. Even if they did I don't think I could handle the terrible contrast of the text compared to the backround. Only the default skin was bearable for me, though fortunately older steam skins still work. Obviously they are a little glitchy, but anything to get it back to the way it was. I don't know why Valve didn't include a way to use the old default steam skin, I don't care if it didn't look professional or whatever the hell else was the problem, it worked fine and it didn't make me cross-eyed when looking at it.

Last edited:

Xendance

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Elitist Prick Club RS Branch
Just curious, is there anybody in here who has found a way to block the shameless advertising of his steam client?
When I choose games I do NOT want to see what's in their store over & over & over again.
So , is it possible to force steam to show what I want ?
The rest of steam is very nice IMO.

Monk.

What are you talking about? You mean you click games tab and it shows the store?
But if you're talking about the window it displays when it starts, you can change it.

File -> Settings -> Interface -> Favourite window

hwxlhrider

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 29, 2006
USA/Massachusetts
Changed looks:

Changed looks:

Allow Basic BBCode Yes
Allow Color BBCode Yes
Allow Size BBCode No
Allow Font BBCode Yes

Allow Alignment BBCode Yes
Allow List BBCode Yes
Allow Link BBCode Yes
Allow Code BBCode Yes

Allow PHP BBCode Yes
Allow HTML BBCode Yes
Allow Quote BBCode Yes
Allow HTML No

Allow Smilies Yes
Allow Code [B]Yes[/B]
Can Upload Images for Signature [B]No[/B]
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature [B]No[/B]

Someone turn on my edit signature with images.