• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Steam Workshop maps not downloading to servers

What we think is happening is that a steamworks API has been updated and it has broken backwards compatibility. Several admins have reported that dropping the updated steam files into the server folder has worked for them in the meantime, and we are looking into seeing what we can do to update those files inside the server directory..

Steamclient.dll or steamclient.so in the base steam folder should be the files you want depending on if you are windows or linux.

Upvote 0
@anotherDSH Can you tell me how you solved this problem, please
The x64 .dll files (steamclient64.dll, tier0_s64.dll, vstdlib_s64.dll) in the root kf2server folder are a different version than their counterparts in the Binaries/Win64 folder. I copied the three x64 .dll's from the root folder to replace the ones in the Win64 folder (backing up originals first) and that solved it for me. For my rented server the support staff fixed the issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello!!! Can anyone at Tripwire sort this out at some point? I prophesied it, I said it will take more than 6 months to get fixed, if ever fixed.

Your game is BROKEN, people can not make KF2 servers and add custom content, which is what makes this game alive nowadays.

Hello!!! Does anybody care at Tripwire? What a shame this company has become.

For milking players you have people, but for fixing your ****, nobody's home!

Upvote 0
Hello!!! Can anyone at Tripwire sort this out at some point? I prophesied it, I said it will take more than 6 months to get fixed, if ever fixed.

Your game is BROKEN, people can not make KF2 servers and add custom content, which is what makes this game alive nowadays.

Hello!!! Does anybody care at Tripwire? What a shame this company has become.

For milking players you have people, but for fixing your ****, nobody's home!
They're getting bought out, don't expect support ever going forward. Most of these people are seeking new employment and probably have been for 18+ months. This is why there's no real support or community engagement besides their silly attempts at using their Discord to pretend they're engaged with their community.

Upvote 0
They're getting bought out, don't expect support ever going forward. Most of these people are seeking new employment and probably have been for 18+ months. This is why there's no real support or community engagement besides their silly attempts at using their Discord to pretend they're engaged with their community.
I struggle to see the link between the two. And that's just pure assumption on your part too.

Not everyone jumps ships when the boss changes.

Upvote 0